║ your certificates. ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Email address for Let’s Encrypt [siempro.salta@gmail.com]:
Please confirm [siempro.salta@gmail.com]
1) Yes
2) No
[1]:
Cloning nginx-certbot repository to /root/nginx-certbot
fatal: destination path ‘/root/nginx-certbot’ already exists and is not an empty directory.
An error has occurred
root@kobo-salta:~/kobo-install#

As I said, can you delete /root/nginx-certbot (completely. i.e. rm -rf /root/nginx-certbot) first, then retry the installation.

I delete the directory, but it’s like it’s part of a docker container. Try also deleting the container and keep giving error

ok let’s try this:

$kobo-install> python run.py --stop
$kobo-install> rm -rf ../nginx-certbot
$kobo-install> ls -l ../nginx-certbot

It should display this

ls: cannot access '../nginx-certbot': No such file or directory

Then, again

$kobo-install> python run.py --setup
1 Like

Sorry about the inconvenience. I also faced the issue. I forgot to update kobo-install too.

Please try this:

$kobo-install> python run.py --stop
$kobo-install> docker ps  # no containers should be up, otherwise stop, them manually
$kobo-install> git pull origin master
$kobo-install> git log -n 1 --oneline
a61b14c (HEAD -> master, origin/master) Changed nginx-certbot init script template to fetch files for kobotoolbox repo instead certbot repo
$kobo-install> cd /root/nginx-certbot/
$nginx-certbox> git log -n 1 --oneline
6a033b9 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) Use local ssl files instead of certbot repo
$nginx-certbox> rm -rf data/certbot
$nginx-certbox> cd kobo-install
$kobo-install> python run.py --setup

It should solve your issues. Please give me updated.

2 Likes

I installed on a server from 0 everything with a new domain and it was installed perfectly with the last post it gave me. The only problem I have is that new users cannot register. And when I restart the server, I must manually start the kobo, the docker does not take me. Thank you for all your help.

@kenGIS,
Can you try the command I gave to ddiazsiempro?

I’ve noticed you install kobo-install as root.
You should install it as normal user and ensure that this user is allowed to start docker. https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/linux-postinstall/

To restart the containers on reboot, we use a crontab to achieve this.
Create the file /etc/cron.d/kobo-install and add this line into it

@reboot <username> cd <path.to.kobo-install> && /usr/bin/python run.py

Leave the empty line at the end of the file, otherwise cron won’t run it

Obviously, adapt it to your config.

2 Likes

Thanks, I was able to configure it to start automatically. The problem I have is that new users cannot register, I get error 500

It’s often due to bad SMTP settings. Ensure to enter correct ones when prompted by kobo-install.

1 Like

Hi, First post on the forum.

I am having an issue where I log onto kf.kobo.local and the page is returned but I am not shown as being logged on. I then manually browse to kc.kobo.local and through link get back to kf.kobo.local and it logs me on now. I am now able to create project and add questions. But i am not able to preview the form for some reason, I get a “loading error”. And on the Collect data when I click “Open” nothing happens.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

Thank you.

Thank you for this detailed guide. I was able to install kobotoolbox in Linode.

My concern now is how to renew the Letsencrypt SSL certs when it expires in 90 days?

Thanks
Bart

Hi,
This certificate will automatically renew itself.

Stephane

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thanks!
Where do I find the script for the auto-renewal. I’d like to test it to confirm.

Bart

Hi @bbatobato,

It’s located in the certbot container. It’s part of the entrypoint.
"/bin/sh -c 'trap exit TERM; while :; do certbot renew; sleep 12h & wait $${!}; done;'"

2 Likes

@sovoeun201 it seems your trying to install kobotoolbox in a vm but its not going through, right? If so :

• Did you follow this guide kobo-install and did you meet all the requirements?

Also

• Have you properly installed and configured docker and docker compose?

• How did you Configure your domain name, and sub domain names ie kpi, ee, kc sub domain names?

Hello Sir,
Now i can installation Kobotoolbox on ubuntu but when i login i can not do anything on it and it was show some error in console logs of javascript.