`kobo-install` on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 LTS VPS

Hi @Elie,
Yesterday here already mid-night so wait you a bit long and close computer go to bed.
ID: 1 345 062 625
Pwd: td898u

But when u able to connect to let me know first maybe team viewer it was refresh password again.

Hi @Elie,
When i used sudo python3 run.py --logs it show redis can not connect i think this is the real issue.

So we need to install redis but normally i already have redis on my machine.
Any solution regarding this issue?

1 Like

hi,

let me know when i can come and take a look

Hello
today I install kobo server under ubuntu 18.94 wit 50 gb and 4 gb RAM.
But a the end , I see always

Sometimes frontend containers can not communicate with backend containers.
Restarting the frontend containers usually fixes it.

This is my log

Sometimes frontend containers can not communicate with backend containers.
Restarting the frontend containers usually fixes it.

Hi @gusunavarro
Once you have done this, I hope it works well for you.

Stephane

1 Like

Hola Daniel

He visto que sos parte de la comunidad de kobo.

Sos de Salta, yo de San Julian, Santa Cruz

Estoy intentando instalar kobo en un servidor ubuntu 18

Pero no estoy pudiendo.

Tenes alguna guia que me pueda ayudar desde 0.

gracias

gustavo

tenes un mail donde te pueda escribir

I left you my contact by private message.

Hello
Today I install kobo but I have this error

my log
kobo@www:~/kobo-install$ ./run.py --logs
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/transport.py:33: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in a future release.
from cryptography.hazmat.backends import default_backend
WARNING: Python-dotenv could not parse statement starting at line 29

as you did the installation, could you give me more details about the domains thanks.

1 Like

Hi @juanda159
Welcome to the community forum. Could you please provide specific details of the problem you are encountering when installing so that other users can chime in to support. Normallly when a user provides as much detail as possible, it makes it easy for others to provide specific support,

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

When executing kobotoolbox it gives me the error shown in the image of bakos resources, could you give me more information about how to configure the domains?

I think I’d use this thread for my very basic question. Is it a good idea to install KoBo on a tiny Ubuntu VPS (10 GB storage, 1 GB RAM) with http://fastpanel.direct control panel installed and a simple personal website hosted on it? Or should I go for a faster VPS with more storage? Thanks!

Hi @patjoshea,

Welcome to the community! Kindly please be informed that we have a support article Installing KoBoToolbox on Your Own Servers which should guide you on the requirements while installing KoBoToolbox on your own server.

Have a great day!

Hello @patjoshea,
Based on a lot of problems documented here using own server installations, it might be preferable to use one of the two the KoBo servers first when you start working with KoBoToolbox.

1 Like

Does this installation allow to use kobocollect with my own server? and how can you do it? Can I also add users? I did the installation but did not allow me to do any of these steps

Hi,
Is this the first time you had installed Kobo on your own servers? If so, I suggest that you retry the process on your need and see how it works for you.

Stephane

I tried again, the redis database still fails, for which I think kobocollect does not work correctly, the error is the following Redis connection to 127.0.0.1:6379 failed - connect ECONNREFUSED
I’d appreciate your help .

Juan

hi dear
i have probleme i see this qouistion multi
Wait for another 600 seconds?
i using fixed Os ubunto 18 with 8G Ram And 1 Tera HHD and CPU core i5 10th