`kobo-install` on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 LTS VPS

Hi, First post on the forum.

I am having an issue where I log onto kf.kobo.local and the page is returned but I am not shown as being logged on. I then manually browse to kc.kobo.local and through link get back to kf.kobo.local and it logs me on now. I am now able to create project and add questions. But i am not able to preview the form for some reason, I get a “loading error”. And on the Collect data when I click “Open” nothing happens.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

Thank you.

Thank you for this detailed guide. I was able to install kobotoolbox in Linode.

My concern now is how to renew the Letsencrypt SSL certs when it expires in 90 days?

Thanks
Bart

Hi,
This certificate will automatically renew itself.

Stephane

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thanks!
Where do I find the script for the auto-renewal. I’d like to test it to confirm.

Bart

Hi @bbatobato,

It’s located in the certbot container. It’s part of the entrypoint.
"/bin/sh -c 'trap exit TERM; while :; do certbot renew; sleep 12h & wait $${!}; done;'"

2 Likes

@sovoeun201 it seems your trying to install kobotoolbox in a vm but its not going through, right? If so :

• Did you follow this guide kobo-install and did you meet all the requirements?

Also

• Have you properly installed and configured docker and docker compose?

• How did you Configure your domain name, and sub domain names ie kpi, ee, kc sub domain names?

Hello Sir,
Now i can installation Kobotoolbox on ubuntu but when i login i can not do anything on it and it was show some error in console logs of javascript.

you must run python3 run.py --setup
you can first try to use:
tox -e py37 or 36 depending on your python version to see if u pass all requirements

1 Like

Hi Elie,
Yes i’m already run python3 run.py --setup and application can run now but some feature see display 500 Internal Server Error.
So to fixing internal server error we should use tox -e py37?

Thank for your reply

i have faced the error 500 internal server error before and it was due to wrong smtp settings (In my case) either you are not using port 587 with tls or using 25 with tls .
if you use tox -e py37 or tox -e py36 (depending on your python version) it will show u if you have all the prerequisite to run kobo otherwise you need to check the logs in /var/log/nginx or kobo-docker/log/ and see the error

1 Like

Hi Elie,
Thank for your help i will try to follow your guide.

1 Like

Hi @Elie ,
When i run tox -e py38 it was show error please see image below.

This is the problem make kobotoolbox some feature show internal server error and how to fixing this issue?

im not sure man it seems maybe pip for python 3.8 is not installed or something wrong with your python, did you try to run the command as sudo ?
sudo tox -e py38

I’m also trying to used sudo tox -e py38 but seem the same error i think because of python version let me try to downgrade to used python 3.7

1 Like

Hi @Elie,
I’m also try to change version or python but seem show the same error if u have any solution pls help.

Thank for your help

i suggest you uninstall python completely and install python again and make sure you install pip for python3 not python2

1 Like

Hi @Elie,
Now i can run sudo tox -e py38 and all is passed but i will can not create project when i create project still display loading popup please see image

did you install kobo as root ? or as ordinary user?

Hi @Elie
Normally i always used sudo to install kobo so it should be root.