Loading error when editing a record

I am able to successfully submit a report but when I try to edit that report from DATA > TABLE > EDIT I am getting the following error:

ERROR:

DETAILS:
gp_stringing_prog = group
Long_description = select one control
36" O.D. 0.500" W.T. X-70 = option

Is it the option value with the special chars causing this issue?

Please advise.

Hi @mahmed,

Would you mind providing us with the following information (in a private message) so that we could have a closer look at our end:

• Username
  • Email id
  • Server (OCHA or HHI)
  • Project name

Have a great day!

Hi @mahmed,

A quick query, could you let us know the browser the enumerators used to enter the data (during data collection)?

Have a great day!

CHROME 80.0.3987.163 on Desktop.

Hi @mahmed,

Kindly please be informed that i have reported your case to the developers. Will get back to you once i hear from them.

Have a great day!

A post was split to a new topic: Error when uploading an XLS form

Hi @Kal_Lam, any updates on this? It is starting to become a recurring issue.

Thanks

Hi @mahmed,

We found the following within your xlsform (which should be causing this):

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

That is if you look at the name column, you will see spaces (which KoBoToolbox does not typically support).

As a workaround, i would advise you to edit your data-set manually after downloading the data from the KoBoToolbox server. Doing so should not affect your survey project in the KoBoToolbox server.

FYI, the developers have already lodged this issue in the GitHub here and it should take some time to get resolved.

Thank you for your kind understanding and patience.

Have a great day!

Hey @Kal_Lam, if I understood correctly your developers are currently working on supporting the spaces? And in the meantime as a workaround we need to remove the spaces from the names?

Thanks

Hi @mahmed,

The developers are trying to fix this issue (i.e. not supporting space under the name column that has happened accidentally with your case) so that this type of issue does not occur in the upcoming days (with other users)!

As a workaround, instead of using the DATA>Table>Edit to Edit your data, try downloading your data-set (once data collection has been completed) and then Edit what should be edited within your data-set (Excel version).

Have a great day!

1 Like

got it, thanks!

1 Like