Matching Id

I have to list with Id and Name and want to display Name field based on the Id enter in the form. So, kindly help how it could be possible in kobo toolbox.

Hi @khasaab,

You could do the same by using the pulldata feature as discussed in the forum earlier:

GOOD DAY!

Hi,
Thanks its working, but need to know if i want to put a validation if the user does not put a correct id then it should not allow to proceed further… The Id should be from the list itself.

1 Like

Hi @khasaab,

Glad to know that the example provided was of help for you. To put a constraint with the id (so that users don’t enter a wrong id), please use the constrains as shown in the image below (use the one that fits your condition the most):

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but the problem is ID is alpha numeric. not numeric. Then what can be done in such cases.

Hi @khasaab,

In this case i would advise you to make your working ID a numeric one and leave your existing ID as alpha numeric. You could also pull the alpha numeric ID with your working ID along with other variables that you need to match.

GOOD DAY!

OK Thanks. it seems fine.

1 Like