My raster data is not showing up when I download it

Bonjour,
Je sollicite votre aide. Mes données matricielles ne s’affichent pas lorsque je les télécharge. Que faire?
Merci

Welcome back to the community, @leprince1! Maybe this post discussed previously should help you demonstrate how you could see the repeat group data:

Hi Mr Kal_Lam!
Repeat group works well. But I’m not seen matrix data when downloading data.
Please could you look the project: Enketo Express for KoBo Toolbox
Data of the project:
BFMapping_the_career_of_the_Sahelian_groundwater_experts_Questionnaire_à_ladresse_des_établissements_de_formation.xlsx (26.9 KB)

@leprince1, would you mind sharing with us the following through a private message so that we could have a closer look at it?

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Is this the matrix question that you say the data is missing from:

Yes, it is this one

Bè BONKIAN

GSM: (00226) 78 72 67 18

"L’Afrique a besoin d’un modèle de développement propre à elle même".

Yes. It is this one.
We have others like:

@leprince1, isn’t this the data:

It isn’t. This data is from multricriteria question (2.1)
When downloading data from matrix questions, we get nothing.
Please look to Excel file. Yellow colums (matrix questions in project) no data
BFMapping_the_career_of_the_Sahelian_groundwater_experts_Questionnaire_à_ladresse_des_établissements_de_formation_03fev2022.xlsx (29.1 KB)

@leprince1, we will have a closer look at this and get back to you. Until then would you mind downloading your data as XLS (legacy) format?

It should solve your issue.

Wonderful. It is works!
a3dN4ydSz2mCkej4yz_test2.xlsx (26.0 KB)

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @leprince1, it looks like your case is related to this issue:

In that case, please try exporting again using the non-legacy exports but with the switch “Select questions to be exported” toggled off (the issue is in filtering Matrix type questions):

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 2.27.54 PM

1 Like

Hi Josh. It is also working.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam and @Josh,

I am posting here as it seems to be the consolidated thread for this kind of issue. Also, several other threads on this topic end with a private conversation, so the workarounds do not appear to be getting shared. This issue seems to have been popping up for a few years, so perhaps it would be good to make a note about it in the help article: Question Matrix Response Type — KoboToolbox documentation?

Meanwhile, my issue is that, for my form with main language Portuguese (pt-pt), the returned data for kobomatrix type questions appear in the web app data tab, but not in the xls download. After finding the discussion here: Kobo Matrix Questions do not show up in table or downloaded XLS for Arabic forms · Issue #2860 · kobotoolbox/kpi · GitHub, and in this thread, I have found the following two workarounds:

1. Change the main language of the form to English (en-en) in Form/Manage translations. After doing this the data appears in the xls download (when ‘Include groups in headers’ is selected and ‘Select questions to be exported’ is not toggled - I haven’t tested other settings).

2. Without changing the language, use the legacy xls download.

In both cases, the column headers are xml values rather than the question labels.

So, still not ideal, Is there a better workaround or solution being worked on?

Thanks