Problem accessing reports with graphs and charts

Ok. How long does it usually takes to solve? People on the field can actually continue to fill the forms (surveys) and data are still coming in. Should we put a hold on this? Thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile:

@SelmaV the data collection should not be affected by this bug. It only affects the data visualization. So maybe you could later on download the data in an excel format and prepare the required report accordingly.

It is a solution but not ideal because we are collecting continued datas on the filed for COVID-19 and we need to have a quick look at these datas every week.

If we start a new project, can we transfert the datas in the Excell database?
Thank you again Kal!

@SelmaV, exporting and analyzing data through excel should not be an issue.

I am asking about doing the reverse process, importing my actual datas to a new project where i can use the report fonction. Is this feasable?

@SelmaV, did not understand you issue clearly, but maybe as a temporary solution you could link your data from the KoBoToolbox server to the power bi and generate the required graphs/bars (as needed). Maybe this support article Pulling Data Into PowerBI should be helpful for you.

Sorry about my English!

what I meant is that : if the bug is in my actual project, maybe, I shoud start another project with the same form -questionnaire in order to access the Report function.

Can I import my actual datas in this new project (with the same questionnaire-form)?

How long does it usually takes to solve this type of bug, is it a matter of hours, days, weeks?
Many thanks again for your support! :slight_smile:

Hi again,

Here is an additionnal info. Maybe it can help to solve the bug.

I can see my project in an old version of Kobo (Legacy version). there is a basic Analysis function in this old version. Here is waht appears on my sceen. Should we use this version?

Also, I am using the french version. I don’t know if it is related to the bug.

The legacy interface will soon disappear. Please let us know how and why you are still using it.
We are planning to remove some or all of it’s the components from this legacy user interface for viewing project data (also known as kobocat). We care deeply about our users, so before we disable the legacy interface completely, we ask you to let us know why you are still using the old user interface. This should not take more than a minute

1 Like

Hi @SelmaV! Yes, maybe you could sue the legacy to view your results from the KoBoToolbox server but please keep in mind not to use the legacy to upload new survey projects. Use the KPI to upload your survey projects if you are uploading your new survey project through an xlsform.

Ok. Thank you Kal!
Please let us know when the bug is solved.

1 Like

@ian84best, @Aurore, kindly please be informed that this is a bug that has been recorded in the GitHub which you could follow it here:

It should be solved in the next release of the KoBoToolbox. As a temporary fix i have reset the same for you once again (i.e. you should be able to view the graphs again). This time, if you wish to play around with the custom report, kindly please note the followings:

• First change your browser language to English.
  • Then you could work with graphs and bars without any issue.

Will let you know when we have a permanent fix for this issue.

@SelmaV, please provide me the following information through a private message if you too wish to have this temporary fix for the same that you have reported:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server
1 Like

Hi @ian84best, @Aurore, @SelmaV

Kindly please be informed that we have a recent release of the KoBoToolbox, which should fix this issue permanently. For details, please feel free to go through the release notes: