Pull data function not working on Kobo Application

Routine IAPOS_Questionnaire.xlsx (31.0 KB) ihh.csv (9.2 KB)

Attached

Looking at your CSV file I could observe that the structure of your CSV file is not supported:

Issue with the CSV file (not supported):

CSV file (that is supported):

Reference CSV file:

ihh.csv (430 Bytes)

Thank you let me work using the supported CSV format

1 Like

Is the CSV file saved in CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*csv)

1 Like

Yes. The CSV should be saved in CSV UTF-8 format.

ihh.csv (9.1 KB) Heloo i saved in the format you recommended but the survey is not running. Nothing is coming up when i enter the patient_ID

@douglascharivanda, when I checked your CSV file it seems to work fine (while entering the ID, the information was pulled in the variables where needed).

But I am still able to see an error message due to the regex code. Try checking the same that has flagged the ID.

Thank you! I have checked and its now running smoothly.

1 Like

Hello! I have the same issue, I saved my csv file as CSV UTF-8 (Comma deliminated) (*.csv) and the data is getting pulled and shown when using the preview online, however when using out data collection tablets, the data is not shown. Maybe important to note, our csv file contains Arabic data. Could that be the issue?

Welcome to the community, @abwch! Sometimes this could also happen when the CSV format is not met as it should be like the one shared earlier:

Hi @Kal_Lam and thanks a lot for the quick response. My cvs file does look like an Excel (with each word or number in a cell, rather than all rowed after one another with commas) - so from my understanding it is like Image 2.

@abwch, could you share a screenshot of your CSV file? That should make us clear on what it looks like.

Sure, thanks! The qualitative data was collected in Arabic, but for two individuals it was in English due to an error in the tablet language settings

@abwch, would you mind try removing any 1 language and see if you should then be able to load the data to the form in the app? Preferably try removing the Arabic.

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam I could do that, however, we will need the pull function for Arabic, so I wonder if there could be any other reason. The thing is that the data does get pulled on the preview when on the kobo platform, but not on the tablets we use. Is there any tablet kobo software version that the pulldata option does not work for? The kobo on our tablets are version 1.30.1 and 2021.3.4

@abwch, your CSV file is in this format:

You will need to restructure your CSV file to this format as outlined in the post shared above:

For this, you could follow the instructions outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hi @Kal_Lam - I somehow only today saw your reply! I am so sorry for only replying now. We basically gave up, because I thought it was not possible. We have started our data collection with just using a printed list. But of course that is far from ideal! If we can figure this out before Wednesday, that would be great.

I am still confused about your guidance, because for me the CSV file does already look like in Image 2 in your first linked post. And when I follow your instructions, Excel tells me this:

When I open the Excel, it is saved as CSV UTF-8 (Comma deliminated) (*.csv),

and everything is shown in its own cell (like this: 69158d4b57fac496a83b82746319a2f498df9806.png (842×185) (forum-kobotoolbox-org.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com) ), not rowed after one another as you assume. Maybe you somehow see it displayed differently to me?

Hi @Kal_Lam and @Victorpaisano25 - I am trying to figure the pulldata option. The issue is that when using Preview on the Kobo platform the data is shown/pulled, however NOT when using a tablet or a phone (Android).
What could be the issue there? Does the tablet or platform need to be set up in a specific way?
Many thanks in advance!

@abwch, as a cross-check, would you mind removing the non-English characters from your CSV file to see how it behaves? Ideally, the instructions outlined above should solve your issue. In addition, please also try using the latest version of the Collect android app if and in case you are using the older versions.