Pulldata is not working on KoboCollect (Android)

Hello,

I developed a form with a pulldata associated to a csv media file.

The problem is:

When I fill the form on kobotoolbox website, the pulldata works normally (fields are filled automatically).

But when I try to fill the form on Kobocollect App (for Android) the pulldata doesn’t work, even though the App shows that all the media files are loaded.

Can someone help me?

Hi @gustavomsandrini,

Would you mind having a look at the community discussion that has happened earlier on pull data. It should help sort out your issue:

Alternatively you could also have a look at the support article on pull data here.

GOOD DAY!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Actually, the pulldata is not a problem. When I open my form website (by chrome or mozzila), I can normally use the pulldata from csv file.
The issue is when I try it on the Android app (opening on smartphone or tablet), it just doesn’t work.

Thanks.

Hello, @Kal_Lam,

It seems that I’m doing the opposite. The pulldata is working only on web form.

Please, try it yourself to see what I’m trying to explain.

Access my form on https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/#ptg80bEM and check “Visita” or “Inspeção” after the location field.

In “Número do protocolo” field try to put “1412014” or “71412014”, and you will see that many others fields will be filled.

As I said, this works only on web form, not on android.

If you have any doubts, please tell me. Thanks!

Thanks @gustavomsandrini for providing an update that pulldata works with Enketo as well. Shall update the same in the support article.

Besides, will also go through your issue and see what the problem has hindered in your case.

Would you mind providing your user name?

GOOD DAY!

@Kal_Lam I use the same user name: gustavomsandrini.

I’ll be waiting for the diagnosis of the situation. Thanks for the support!

Hi @gustavomsandrini,

Would you mind placing the identifier (marked in red in the figure below) that pulls the data to the form outside the group (as shown int he image below).

You may have problem if this is inside the group! Hope this solves the problem!

GOOD DAY!

Hi @gustavomsandrini,

Could you share your xlsform so that we could spot it for you?

GOOD DAY!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Here is the xlsform and also the .csv file. Hope you can help me!

Thanks.

1 Like

Dear Community,
this is a rather trustful environment. Nevertheless, I am sorry, I would suggest. please: Never share personalised survey data (ike names) in public. Let us take a moment to empty those columns before sending xls etc.
Best regards.
Wolfgang

1 Like

Hi @wroos, thanks for the advise. As soon as @Kal_Lam sees the problem, I’ll delete the post.

Hi @gustavomsandrini,

You could share shareable sensitive information through personal message (which is a feature available in the community forum)!

Besides, please be informed that i have received your files and shall have a look into it!

Shall come-up with some solutions!

GOOD DAY!

Hi @gustavomsandrini,

Please use the attached xlsform. It should work now. I have made changes highlighted in yellow. Besides, please be informed that your csv file was out of format. I have changed its format and have shared with you through the personal message! Please use the same with the current xlsform and you should be able to pull your data to KoBoCollect android app!

xlsform (modified):
aBvNXH8Au8wBJZ4vmHjTJR.xls (43.5 KB)

csv file:
Please check it in your personal message! I have sent you there!

GOOD DAY!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

It has worked perfectly! Thank you for all the support!

1 Like

Hello how are you, the same thing happens to me, can you help me please

Welcome to the community, @Victorpaisano25! Could you provide details to your issue so that the community should be able to understand and help you solve it?

Hello friend, thank you very much. The pool data function works in the kobotoolsbox version but not in the kobocollect version. I am going to attach the xlsform that I am using and the CSV file.
PDPesaje.csv (311.6 KB)
pdkobo.xlsx (13.0 KB)

@Victorpaisano25, when looking at your CSV file I could see that it’s in a format that is not supported by the system.

You will need to change the CSV format as shown in the image below:

Yes, it is, can you verify it?

Did you change the format of your CSV file as outlied in above? If yes, and still not working please feel free to reach us back.