Reference Data from a Previous Survey for Longitudinal Data Collection

Hi
I am planning to use Kobo toolbox to record reproductive performance of cattle of local breed in my country.
At time of insemination, the data collector will record; i) date of insemination, ii) Insemination service number (first, second, third) and iii) straw (bull) ID
Six weeks after insemination, the cow will be diagnosed for pregnancy (follow up). At that time, the data collector will record: i) date of pregnancy diagnosis ii) findings (pregnant, non pregnant).
At the time of calving, the data collector will record i) date of calving, ii) sex of calf, iii) bull (father) ID.
For each calf, it wants Kobo to automatically get (recall) bull ID entered at time of insemination. For example, what will be bull ID of calf from cow that conceived at third insemination? Note each cow (mother) has unique ID but getting father information is my problem.
Regards

Hi @tariqabbas
I have changed your topic to make it concise. I am also recommending the following article on dynamic data attachment.

Stephane

1 Like

Thanks for replying and suggestions. Can index repeat along dynamic attachments will work in my case. For example, data collector will add new group if cow is found to not pregnant (enter date of second insemination along with bull ID followed by date and result of pregnancy diagnosis after six weeks).

Regards

HI @tariqabbas
Could you explain this a bit more; this is still not clear.

For each calf born, I want to dynamically pull data about its father (bull id). This is important in breeding programs.

Cows may conceive after first ,second or third insemination , so each calf , I have to dynamically pull relevant bull id .

I was thinking to create repeat group ,recall (calculate) and update this set of questions and perhaps index function may be helpful for me .

Example : a calf is born , its mother conceived after four inseminations , the father of the calf will be the one whose ID came last or fourth (bull IDs used in first three insemination are not relevant). In short I have four enteries in a sequence and the last or fourth is one that we want to pull ,

Please let me know if more clearance is needed , thanks again

@tariqabbas, maybe if you wish to extract the information of the last entry from a repeat group, you could do it as outlined in the post discussed previously: