Relevance based on summation of previous answers

Hello,

I am trying to make a group relevant only if the respondent gets a certain number of previous questions right. The questions I am basing the relevance on are select_one 0/1 questions. So, for example, if I add up 6 of these questions I expect the calculate to return an integer between 0 and 6. However, I can’t seem to get the syntax right because the relevance constraint is not working as expected.

I’ve tried a few different iterations but the current calculate syntax is:

if(int((${muw_1}) + int(${muw_2}) + int(${muw_3}) + int(${muw_4}) + int(${muw_5}) + int(${muw_6}))>0,1,0)

I started simply with

${muw_1} + ${muw_2}+ ${muw_3} + ${muw_4} + ${muw_5} + ${muw_6}

but then wrapped each question in the “int()” function because I read that for a 0/1 select_one question the “0” and “1” are stored as string. I also experimented with if-statements but that didn’t do any good either.

the relevance constraint I have that is based on the above calculation is:
${muw_stop} = 1 or ${muwcorrect} = 0
Where ${muwcorrect} is the calculation and ${muw_stop} is another select_one 0/1 question. Unfortunately, I am unable to attach a sample form as a new user. Many thanks for any suggestions!

Hi @ybelyakova,

You could skip a group of questions based on the calculation values of previous questions as follows:

In the survey tab:

In the choices tab:
Image%202

Reference xlsform:
Group Skip.xlsx (27.4 KB)