Row-level permission to allow pulling data from the server only for specific submissions

Hello everyone,
If I want to keep my form private and share it with other users granting them row-level permissions, is there a way so that:

I am trying to write a python script that uses the JSON to fill an excel template with the data added by the users. If I share this script with the users they would login with their credentials through the script and need to only have access to their submissions.

In case this is not possible, how should I proceed to ask the dev to implement this feature? (I think that is quite simple to filter out submissions since it’s already possible using the main website to view data)

EDIT: Maybe this is possible using API/v2 or the API token?

Thanks!

Thank you, very helpful. The form should display 31/12/2020 in that case!
I have another question that I post here as well as on a new topic.

If I want to keep my form private and share it with other users granting them row-level permissions, is there a way so that users can use the https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/api/v1/data/xxxxxx.json link to view only their own submissions without being given the “manage project” permission?

Hi @andrea_ageon
I am linking this back to the thread you had initiated and tagging @wroos as you had intended

Stephane

Hi @andrea_ageon, this is possible with the API v2 data endpoint. If you have given a user row-level permissions to only see their own submissions for example, then if they visit (with their token):

https://<kf url>/api/v2/assets/<asset uid>/data.json

They will only see submissions by them. Additionally if they export data to XLS they will only export their submissions.

If you are wanting to do more granular filtering through the API, you can refer to the thread here:

3 Likes

Thank you Josh! This is exactly what I was looking for. I would rather use credentials instead of API token, so that the user can fill it directly from the python program and don’t have to look for it in their accounts. I am doing that already creating a login session but I am wondering if there are any known problems doing so.

Thanks again for your answer, I could not find much documentation for v2 of API.