Show a note

SAVE_٢٠٢١١١١٧_١٢٥٨١٣
welcome
In this question, I want to show a note with the sum of the answers
If one or more answers are selected
Please Help
Thanks

Seems like you are trying to do something similar that has already been discussed previously:

Thanks for the response

But
I want to collect the answers after choosing the type of material from a multiple question

As shown in the pictures in the previous email

So you mean you have the following questions:

• select_multiple (say choice 1, choice 2, choice 3, and choice 4)
  • if choice 1 was selected in the select_multiple above fill this integer question
  • if choice 2 was selected in the select_multiple above fill this integer question
  • if choice 3 was selected in the select_multiple above fill this integer question
  • if choice 4 was selected in the select_multiple above fill this integer question
  • calculate question that adds the input from choice 1 to choice 4
  • note question that displays the value from the calculate question

Yes exactly

Can that be applied

Hi @Muhamad_Alqadour
Yes, that can be applied. Do you mind testing it on your XLS form and then coming back if you have any difficulty? Kindly send the tested XLS file directly so that we look at it.

Stephane

1 Like

Validate with Note.xlsx (11.4 KB)
welcome

This model

The result (total) will not appear unless all questions have been answered

Please add the correct method
Thank you.

Hi @Muhamad_Alqadour
Kindly have a look at the following discussion on use of coalesce

Stephane

1 Like

Thanks for responding

Please apply the method to the attached file and send it if possible
And you very muchValidate with Note.xlsx (11.4 KB)

Greetings

Hi @Muhamad_Alqadour
You need to apply the method on the form and only tell us when you are stuck, Unfortunately, we are not able to provide dedicated support in creating forms but we can only direct you to solutions. Kindly read through the topic and address the problem you have. Whatever I have shared should be able to really guide you through to solve it as I support other users. Thank you for understanding.

Stephane

2 Likes

@Muhamad_Alqadour, you could follow the post @stephanealoo has shared. That should solve your issue. All you need to do is apply a coalesce function. If you still have trouble applying the same in your XLSForm could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

In the choices tab of your XLSForm:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

Validate with Note.xlsx (13.0 KB)

Yes in deed
The problem has been resolved
Thank you very much for responding
with greetings

في الخميس، ١٨ نوفمبر ٢٠٢١ ١١:١٦ ص Kal_Lam via KoBoToolbox Community Forum <noreply@community.kobotoolbox.org> كتب:

1 Like