Show the label (instead of value) of a select_one answer in a later question

Hi there,
Let’s say I’m asking in Question 1 “Are you a dog or a cat person?”. Choices are coded this way: 1 = dog / 2 = cat. Question 2 then should show as “Do you have a dog?” or “Do you have a cat?”, depending on the answer given in Question 1. How am I able to do this on Excel? I’m currently labeling Question 2 this way: “Do you have a ${Q1}”. But it shows me “Do you have a 1?” or “Do you have a 2?”, depending on the answer given in Question 1. How do I show the label instead of the value of Q1? Please don’t tell me to simply decode choices, because in my real survey I do need them to be coded. I’ve read about function choice-label() but it does not seem to work or I’m doing something wrong.
Thank a lot for any help! :pray: :pray:

@Olivia, you could do this as outlined in the post discussed previously:

1 Like

Thank you, works perfect :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam , I’m not able to download the XLSForm you shared. Please, can you help me get it ?

I’m also looking for the way to display the label instead of the value of a select_one question.

Thanks.

Welcome to the community, @francis_houeha! You will need to go to this topic Freeze a text based on the currency entered to download the XLSForm.

@Kal_Lam
Many thanks for your efforts.
Can we get the labels of a certain choice from a specific language.
Where to add language code option to the calculation (jr:choice-name).
Best
Ali

thank you for your excellent work.