Support needed to seperate different partners forms in an account

Dear Colleagues,

We are implementing various projects in different locations through numerous partners. Since the projects and implementing partners are different, we need to develop different forms as per their needs. I did that but when they are collecting data through smartphones/tablets, their enumerators/data collectors can access ALL deployed forms which we do not want. Is there any way, we can guarantee access to each partner to their own forms/data collection tools in Kobo Account we have?

Thank you for your support

Rahmat

Hi @rahmat,

Try using the Row-Level Permissions feature that is available in KoBoToolbox. It should solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Unfotunately, I cannot solved the issue. I think, I haven’t explained the issue well.

A single user (ex. my_organization kobo account) have 10 deployed forms and 10 seperated implementing organization using one of these forms. Organization “A” should only be able to download one form “A” in tablet/smartphone.

Hi @rahmat,

If you need this feature to be active, you should request the 10 PNGOs to create an account in KoBoToolbox. Else they should not be able to use this feature.

If and in-case you do not want to use this feature you still have an alternative (but it would take a lot of your time to mange the project data). The workaround is that you will need to deploy the survey with 10 different names and share it to them separately. If you do this one PNGO will not be able to see the data of other PNGOs. You could then merge the dataset manually once the data collection is over. To provide access to the PNGOs to view the data entry status and provide access to the dataset you could follow the instructions outlined in the post that has been discussed earlier here:

Have a great day!

@Kal_Lam, than you for detailed explaination.

I shared a from from our organization’s Kobo with an PNGO’s Kobo. But the PNGO cannot use the form in Android tablet. (Only for testing).
In tablet, when they are getting blank form, the shared forms do not appear there.
Any solution for this?

Hi @rahmat,

Would you mind sharing the screen shot from android app from General Settings>Server. This should help us see what is wrong at the users end.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

Here you go

image0.jpeg

Hi @rahmat,

The image seems too blur. Could you provide a better one. Also kindly please provide us the server you are using so that we could help you out.

Have a great day!

Here is a better one

Hi @Kal_Lam,

I am using OCHA server (humanitarianinfo) and a brighter photo was attached previously.

Regards,
Rahmat

Hi @rahmat,

Try this out in the General Settings>Server

URL
https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info

Username:
afg_fao

Password:
xxxxxxxxxx (type the password for afg_fao here)

It should work!

Have a great day!

Thank you so much .It worked now? Also can you show me the way of developing different data collection tools with different names and they will GET BLANK FORM for thier own organization?

Best
Rahmat

Hi @rahmat,

Sorry i did not understand you well. Could you please simplify it.

Have a great day!

I was talking about your this comment. Is this the same way I applied or a different one?

Hi @rahmat,

Click the post below and then you will be directed there:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you. I got it.

1 Like