Those options appear in the next question which have not been selected in the previous question

I am working on a form which has the questions as shown in the attached image. Basically the question says that if one chooses options 1,2, and 3, then in the next question all the options that have not been selected (4,5,6,7,88) should appear. Please see the text in red.

How can one code this using Kobo form designer or XLSForms?

Thank you.

Hello,
you may try with choice_filter (column) for Q8_2: not( selected(${Q8_1}, name) ).
See also https://support.kobotoolbox.org/en/articles/592422-adding-cascading-select-questions.

1 Like

Hi @sudhirCOM,

Welcome to the community! Backing up with what @wroos has advised you, you could do the same following the instructions outlined in the image below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:
Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:
Cascading Select (Multiple Questions).xlsx (21.6 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Kal_Lam and @wroos. This solved the problem and got to learn a learn a new concept.

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m working on a questionnaire and I need to display in question “q103” answers selected in “q102” and “q101”. I used the following “choice_filter” expression but it doesn’t work : selected(${q101},name) and selected(${q102},name)
Can you please help me with this one.
Thanks in advance.

Hi again,
Actually I put “or” instead of “and” and it worked. sorry for the irrelevant post :relieved:.
cheers