Totaling records entered by many data

Hello team

I would like to help me on adding records after people submits.
I want to get the total number on the reports to the record submitted by many data entry

For example " number of employees per sub county. How can i total all employees from sub counties submitted by many data entry and i get their total
entry 1 submitted 30, , entry 2 submitted 60, entry 3 submitted 50 entry 4 submitted 10 then i get their total in the report frequency table than having average and median only

Waiting to here from you

Hi @nobert and welcome to the community!

Starting from this help article would give you an insight about your question: Calculate Question Type — KoboToolbox documentation

1 Like

Welcome Hakan
We are collecting data from 50 sub counties with 10 questions but we are getting challenges to get the clear sub counties total number for record submitted
Forexample we have a question of “number of women referred” from each sub county the data is recorded in the kobo with statistics mean, median, mode and Standard deviation.
but in our case we want to get total number of women refereed for all sub counties

here is the image for the data we are collecting

@nobert Just to be clear, do you want to see the total amount of -for example “women referred”- answers?

Yes @hakan_cetinkaya i want to see the total amount of women referred for all sub counties

@nobert Maybe downloading the data in xls format and using excel to sum needed information will help?

1 Like

@hakan_cetinkaya After collecting data or before?
and also which syntax am I supposed to use to get the sum for a single question but with multiple response

@nobert Aaa, I think I understand what you mean right now :sweat_smile:

In the reports section of the form there is no SUM value for integer questions right? And you want to see the SUM of all values :slight_smile:

Right now this is not implemented in the Reports section I’m afraid. And I think there is a suggestion request for this, you can upvote it:

In the reports section of the form there is no SUM value for integer questions right? And you want to see the SUM of all values
this what i want but failed

Hi nobert
I recommend you connect your kobo with Excel so that you can sync the collected data and use Pivot tables to generate different kind of reports

@nobert, it seems like you have a matrix question and wish to sum the column/rows for that matrix question. If this is the case, you could do it as outlined in our support article…

1 Like