Track changes with Audit (Metadata)

Good morning,

I wanted to put in the audit option to track changes in my form. When I did this and replaced the form and tried opening it, the following error came up. What can I do to replace this?

Additionally, can you clarify that if i add the parameter tracking reasons for edit that a reason would only have to be given if this change is done to a saved form, and not if a response was changed prior to the form being saved and exited?

Hi @scherrie,

Kindly please be informed that the audit metadata should work with KoBoToolbox, Try designing your survey form as outlined below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Reference xlsform:
Audit (Metadata).xlsx (20.7 KB)

You should be able to get all the records of the enumerators behavior under the audit.csv by downloading it as Media Attachments (ZIP) as shown in the image below:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you. It works.

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam,
2 related questions:

1. Why does the FormBuilder generate a type error then?
  2. Does the audit work with Enketo (web-form) or only with KoBoCollect?.
    Kind regards
1 Like

Flowdock: https://www.flowdock.com/app/kobotoolbox/support/threads/ph7gz8qSWagfvkihOGhpK9YcAi7?filter=search&query=audit

Hi @wroos,

Regarding your query:

Am at the moment looking at it. Will come up if i have anything that i could share with you.

At the moment it only works with Collect android app. Will let you know when Enketo supports it.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @wroos,

Updates with Good News:

It should be fixed in the next release of KoBoToolbox!

Have a great day!

Greetings. I too would love to be notified when Enketo supports audit logging! This would be a fab feature!

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community @nat! KoBoToolbox now supports the audit metadata in its form builder UI:

cc: @scherrie @wroos

3 Likes

Thanks @Kal_Lam and @wroos!

Great that audit is supported in form builder :star_struck:
If that option is used, does it also work for Enketo forms now? Or just for Collect app? My current data collection is mainly Enketo and I’m needing to delve deeper into what the users are doing! Cheers all

2 Likes

Hi @nat,

The audit feature at the moment is only supported with Collect android app. As a reference, please check out this site.

1 Like