Trying to build a form that will use pulldata() function to verify barcode ID

Hi @alfidus,

I’ve found two issue in the xls file:
1- search function should be in “appearance” column not in “calculation”
2- select one question should be " select_one Product" not “select_one lu5ot42”
apUJWC2cE9K6Nbev5QJY9d (1).xlsx (11.8 KB)
Let me know the result.
Best,

Yasser

1 Like

Hi @Ysr3322,
This is splendid…worked like a charm. You are amazing. Would have been nice to have pictures of the items beneath the description. Is it possible?

Cheers.

Also…will it be possible to scan multiple barcodes on the same form without necessarily opening a new form for each barcode or placing a specific number of barcodes on the form?
Typical scenario:

• You enter a store and want to scan all the barcodes on a particular shelf…product count unknown?

Thanks in advance

Hi @alfidus

I think we could do it for the pictures. Could you please explain how you would the picture to show.

Best.

Hi @alfidus

Yes, you can by using repeat group. Kindly find the attached file.
apUJWC2cE9K6Nbev5QJY9d_Repeat.xlsx (11.9 KB)

Best,

Yasser

1 Like

Hi @alfidus
For the pictures to show using the barcode, the explanation provided by @Ysr3322 is perfect. You may also want to look at the discussions that happened here which now complements the barcode with images. Focus on the later discussions

On this issue

You can create a form per shelf where you allow repeat so that all the shelf items are scanned within the repeat groups.

Stephane

1 Like

Hello Yasser,
Thanks again for your support. I think Ill do away with the pictures for now.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Yasser,
So in the XLS file I realized you inserted row 21 (Calculate). Just how does that work if you can shed more light on it for me ill be grateful.

Thanks again

2 Likes

Hi @alfidus,
The aim from adding the calculation question with the function “position(…)” is to create a counter for each product as the following:

At the fisrt loop, as a result to position(…) function:
x = 0 + 1 = 1
The label of _Store_Name question will be “Store Name - product No.(1)”
In the second loop
x = 1 + 1 = 2 >>>>> “Store Name - product No.(2)”
By that the enumerator will be able to know how many products he scan in each store.
Let me know if you need more clarification.
Best,

Yasser

1 Like

Hello Ysr,
Great but when I load the repeat XLS file you shared, I cant see the repeat group in the APP. What could be wrong?

You mind sharing your hangout or SKYPE ID with me so we chat on there?

Regards

Heres a link to the XLS file.

Regards

Hi @alfidus

My skype Id : ysr3322

Hi @alfidus

In row 18 “position(…)” formula should be in “calculation” column.

Best,

Yasser

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam, again, although the discussion has been a year ago, I found this discussion still relevant for my issue. again, you and other expert on KoboToolbox here help us to solve the issue of forms building as the begginer :slightly_smiling_face:

I have seen that a *.csv file read for some questions and calculations in this great example.

I have tried to pulldata for 12-20 questions/ column in one time pulldata for my verification and evaluation survey, and the pulldata can’t work. but when I reduced the column and number of pulled data and calculation number to below 7 row, it was worked.

As your experiences, how many columns or limitations in a *.csv file able to pull data at one time? is so limitation do you have idea or experience to do this?

thanks for your sharing.

have a good day. :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @dwikps
Thank you so much for your appreciation of the support received on the forum. We are glad that this is working for you as is intended.

On the issue of pull data, we have not defined a specific limit of what amount could be pulled. I believe there must have been an issue with one of your pull parameters for it to fail beyond the 7 columns issue. Could you please share a screenshot of the original setting with up to 20 pull data columns as you had indicated? Remember to remove any identifier information prior to sending the same.

Stephane

1 Like

Many thanks again @stephanealoo for your quick response.

Got it! thank you

I made some mistakes because of many column made on my xls form. I will let you know if I get the issue again

Have a good day and stay healthy.

Cheers,
D

2 Likes

Hello there,

I have followed the trend to apply to my work but it is not working. I am a beginner. Can you please help?

I am unable to load my csv files because I am a new user. Can I get you email to send through?

Hello there,

I have followed the trend to apply to my work but it is not working. I am a beginner and not sure where I went wrong. Can you please help?

I am unable to load my csv files because I am a new user. Can I get you email to send through?

I need an urgent help on this same matter. I’m trying to use ODK scan a bar code so it pull out the information of the item for confirmation before further data entry on that item. And repeat for all items on the shelf before I move to the next shelf where I open a new sheet.

I have read the trend and tried all the examples but the pulldata() function does work. @Ysr3322 can you please help ASAP? The system doesn’t allow me to attach my files. Maybe I can send an email instead if you are willing to let me send the csv files to you to help.

Hi @famon-armah
Have you tried searching within the forum for similar issues and also within our support articles? In the meantime, kindly provide as much information as possible i.e.

1. How are you collecting the data? Collect or Webform
  2. Can you share a screenshot of your XLS form?
  3. Kindly scan through the forum.

Stephane

1 Like