Trying to build a form that will use pulldata() function to verify barcode ID

Hello there,

I have followed the trend to apply to my work but it is not working. I am a beginner and not sure where I went wrong. Can you please help?

I am unable to load my csv files because I am a new user. Can I get you email to send through?

I need an urgent help on this same matter. I’m trying to use ODK scan a bar code so it pull out the information of the item for confirmation before further data entry on that item. And repeat for all items on the shelf before I move to the next shelf where I open a new sheet.

I have read the trend and tried all the examples but the pulldata() function does work. @Ysr3322 can you please help ASAP? The system doesn’t allow me to attach my files. Maybe I can send an email instead if you are willing to let me send the csv files to you to help.

Hi @famon-armah
Have you tried searching within the forum for similar issues and also within our support articles? In the meantime, kindly provide as much information as possible i.e.

1. How are you collecting the data? Collect or Webform
  2. Can you share a screenshot of your XLS form?
  3. Kindly scan through the forum.

Stephane

1 Like

Hello @stephanealoo
Here are some columns and rows of the database I want to pull data from to show row information that is linked to the ID generated from the barcode scan (CODES).
Like I mentioned earlier I am a new user. I will greatly need your help.

CODES DISTRICT FARM_NUMBER TREATMENT TREE_NUMBER
1.00E+11 TF FARM 1 POLLINATED TREE 2
1.00E+11 TF FARM 1 POLLINATED TREE 1
10000110003 TF FARM 1 POLLINATED TREE 3
10000110004 TF FARM 1 POLLINATED TREE 4
10000110005 TF FARM 1 POLLINATED TREE 5
10000110006 TAF0 FARM 1 POLLINATED TREE 6
10000110007 TAF0 FARM 1 POLLINATED TREE 7

I’m using Collect to take the data.
Here is the XLS form.

type name label required calculation read_only appearance
start start
end end
datetime Enter_a_date_and_time Enter a date and time true
select_one District DISTRICT DISTRICT true
begin_group barcode_details Detail of the scanned tree barcode field-list
barcode Barcode_0 Use the camera to scan a barcode true
select_one Tree_Number Tree_Description Tree Description false
text District_0 DISTRICT pulldata(‘TREECODES’,‘DISTRICT’,‘CODES’,${Barcode_0}) TRUE
text Farm_number_0 FARM NUMBER pulldata(‘TREECODES’,‘FARM_NUMBER’,‘CODES’,${Barcode_0}) TRUE
text Treatment_0 TREATMENT pulldata(‘TREECODES’,‘TREATMENT’,‘CODES’,${Barcode_0}) TRUE
text Tree_number_0 TREE NUMBER pulldata(‘TREECODES’,‘TREE_NUMBER’,‘CODES’,${Barcode_0}) TRUE

Hi @famon-armah ,

I’m ready to help with this issue.
Here is my Email: ph.yasser.mustafa@gmail.com

Hering from you soon.

Best,

Yasser

Thank you so much. I am sending it right away.

1 Like