Unable to select multiple children from different parents options in cascading select

I’m creating a cascading select, where I need the user to be able to select multiple options within each selected "parent” option. Is this possible? In the example below, is there a way to allow users to select multiple time slots within each “job”?

A. Work Registration Desk

1. 9:00am-10:00am
  2. 10:00am-11:00am
    B. Work Prize Wheel
  3. 12noon - 1pm
  4. 1pm - 2pm
  5. 2pm - 3pm

I’ve managed to make the user choose different parent options based on this question. When the user choose a single parent, then the children options appear and it is possible to select multiple children. The issue is that when I choose more than one parent options, the children options do not appear at all.
Please assist… It is urgent for me!
Thanks for your time

Konoutan

Welcome to the community, @Konoutan! Would you mind sharing with us a sample of the cascading options? Maybe we should be able to help you if it’s possible through KoBoToolbox.

Sure thing dear Kal_Lam! Please find attached.

And here is the survey tab of my XLSForm. I was unable to upload several images.
Please feel free to ask if you need any other detail.
Kind regards,

OK, seems like you have an issue similar to a post discussed previously. This post discussed previously should solve your issue:

Thanks for your swift assistance. I will try it and let you know.
Regards

1 Like

@Kal_Lam I think my issue is different. The example you referred to is related to repeat group. In my case, I don’t have repeat groups.

It’s possible that I failed to correctly explain what I want and my issue.

I have five “ecosystems" (parent options) from which experts will have to choose the ones they are experienced with. Each ecosystem is composed of several “formations” (children options). But it is unlikely that an expert is familiar with all ecosystems and all formations.

What I need is to create a cascading where experts will be able to select the different ecosystems they are familiar with. Then, in the next question, only formations associated with the selected ecosystems will appear to enable the experts to select the particular formations they are experienced with.

In my XLSForm survey table, I set the ecosystem and formation as select_multiple. When I select an ecosystem the associated formations appear dynamically and allow to select several formations. However, when I choose more than one ecosystem, no formation appears. I don’t know where I went wrong…

Kindly find attached my form.

questionnaire_botanistes.xlsx (13.0 KB)

@Konoutan, are you trying to make a cascading select from select_multiple question to another select_multiple question?

Yes @Kal_Lam , that’s exactly what I am trying to do. Is there a way to do it?

@Kal_Lam yes, that’s what I want to achieve. Is it possible to do that?

I am also facing a similar issue. Is there any solution to this?
@Kal_Lam