Unable to view images through hyperlinks on table

Hi,

Recently I discovered that uploaded images are not viewed by just clicking hyperlinks on kobotoolbox as previously done instead some icons are displayed, as attached image circled in red.

My project involved many images and participants signatures which I use DOWNTHEMALL tool to download the images directly on the browser kindly assist,

Thank you

Welcome to the community, @Mujahid_Aliyu! What is the error message you see when you try to click the image hyperlink?

Hi Kallam ! No hyperlink is associated with the images and that’s the concern I have,
Example; Previously image name like 1628862288549.jpg are displayed on the table view which are hyperlinked and once you click the image will be displayed. Currently that is not the case.

Thanks

@Mujahid_Aliyu, could you share with me the following through a private message (maybe I could have a closer look at your case):

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Hi, Kallam !
Here are the details:

Username: xxxxxxx
project name: ZAMFARA_SMC_CDDS_E_ATTENDANCE
KoBoToolbox

Thanks

1 Like

@Mujahid_Aliyu, I just made a check and I was able to view the image. All you need to do is click to the center of the image seen in the DATA>Table.

FYR:

Many thanks Kallam, I was also able to do the same however my concern is that; I used to download all images on the table using downthemall tool installed on my browser. This time I wasn’t able to download many images because icons are displayed in the table instead of the hyperlinked images as it is previously.

Thanks

1 Like

OK, could you share with us the screenshot of the image on how it looks like?

Hi Kal_Lam

See attached, the screenshot with the image icons circled red.

Thanks

Hi, is there any update on this issue?
Thanks

@Mujahid_Aliyu, could you share with us a screenshot of Excel file that holds the hyperlink to the images?

Hi @Mujahid_Aliyu, I have brought this up with the dev team and we will look into it. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused :+1:

1 Like

Please see a workaround solution here:

2 Likes