Upgrading to separate databases for KPI and KoBoCAT

Hi @jnm I finally upgraded to the new stable version.

Here’s is what I did -
My postgres version in the old Kobo was 9.4. So I had to first upgrade it and this link https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobo-docker/blob/master/doc/March-2019-Upgrade.md did not worked to upgrade the existing database because postgis 2.5.4 was not available for postgres 9.4. (Ubuntu 16.04). So to upgrade this I created a new postgres container with image - ‘mdillon/postgis:9.5’ and then dumped the data here using pgdump.

Then I stopped all the old containers, and installed a fresh installation of Kobo using kobo-install. I then copied the .vols folder from old kobo to new one, but it did not worked because mongodb container failed to start and hence I could not see the data in the new Kobo. So I had to manually dump the mongodb and postgres db here on the new kobo installation. The .vols copy method did not worked.
Then as per the instructions above we upgraded and bow have the two postgres database as per latest release.

Many thanks @jnm and @nolive for all the help.

3 Likes

Hi @tolexy
I’m in the same boat as you were. My containers keep restarting due to permission errors in executing some files, and I think it happens during the copy action.
Can you explain how you solved it?