Uploading a csv file (IDs)

I am a new user to Kobo and to XLSForms, too.

I am trying to upload a list of IDs so we can (1) link with other relatives and (2) track new activities.
However, I cannot figure out how to upload the csv file.

I have read the pulldata() instructions and they make sense. My issue is that I literally cannot find the menu options to upload media. The menu options read “FORM” and “SETTINGS” but no other options on the top bar; on the left side bar (after hitting “SETTINGS”), it shows "General’ and “Sharing.”

Minimally, I’d love help linking my existing list of IDs to my form.

And, as these things go, I am under a bit of time pressure to get this working. Thanks in advance.

Hi @czacherau,

Welcome to the community! You could add a csv file to your survey project as outlined in the image below:

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

I really am stuck because as many times as folks point this out to me… I really dont see the “Media” menu option you show once I click on “Settings”. Perhaps I am looking in entirely the wrong place?!

Hi @czacherau,

Seems like you have not deployed your survey form. Deploy your survey form first and then you should be able to see Media (to upload csv files) under the SETTINGS.

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

Wow, Kal-Lam, this may be the issue. However, now when I try to deploy, I get an “server error 500.” What can I do on my side to overcome this?
Thanks again. And… happy new year!

1 Like

Hi @czacherau,

Would you mind checking for syntax errors within your survey form. This could possibly help you deploy your survey project without any error message.

Would also appreciate if you could upload a screen-shot of the error message you are seeing!

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

I am not seeing any… but I do have a line in there about the pulldata(), which I am clearly struggling with.
Honestly, it is a very basic set of 4 questions, plus the pull data.

Hi @czacherau,

Would you mind uploading your xlsform and the csv so that someone from the community could help sort out the issue for you.

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

Sure. I welcome any and all help I can get.
Attached is here is the one basic form I made. Once I nail this down, I will replicate several times over for different “stations”, plus “registration.” This is why the IDs are so important - so that we can verify from the list and not depend on key entry - to track activity of an ID.

I have not attached the full csv file, both because it is larger and it has PII. I hope this is sufficient to help solve the problems I have been having.

And, again, thank you so much for the attention to my issues.

MayanzaStudents.csv (797 Bytes)

Outcomes_Growth_XLS.xlsx (11.5 KB)

Hi @czacherau,

It seems you have an error in your xlsx form header, please lower case your variables. e.g. Label==> lable, Name==> name, etc.

1 Like