Using calculate to auto select multiple options based on responses from different questions

Hello,
I have two problems I need help with.
Problem 1
I want to autoselect multiple options in Q2 based on answers from multiple select questions (Q1).

Q1. How do you access land for farming? (multiple select)
a.owned
b. lease from individual
c. lease from community
d. resettlement

Q2. Type of land ownership
a. Full ownership
b. Partial/contractual ownership with an individual
c. Partial/contractual ownership with the community
d. No ownership

So, for example, if “owned” and “lease from the community” is selected in Q1, then option a and c should be automatically selected in Q2.

Again, if “owned” and “resettlement” are selected in Q1, then the option “full ownership” should be automatically selected in Q2.

Problem 2: I want to autoselect multiple options based on responses from two or more different questions
Q1. Do you own land for farming?
a. Yes
b. No

Q2. What is your main mean of transport? (select one)
a. Walk
b. Car
c, Bicycle

Q3. Do you watch television at home?
a. Yes
b. No

Q4. Which of the following assets does the household have
a. Land
b. Car
c. Television
d. sewing machine
e. Bicycle
f. Other

So if the response to Q1 is “yes”, Q2 is “car” and Q3 is “yes”, I want options “a=land”, “b=car” and option “c=television” to be automatically selected in Q4.

Thanks in advance

Hi @RayRay,

This post might give you an idea:

If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

@hakan_cetinkaya Thanks for the help. Yes, the post helps in a way. However, my issues are

1. I want to autoselect more than one option.
  2. The reference for auto-selection is from a multiple select question or different questions

The example you referred me to works for single select. It works when an option in a single select question is used to autoselect an option in another question. I tried for multiple select and only one option gets automatically selected.

@RayRay, may I suggest using cascading select questions? That might be helpful for your Problem 1.

1 Like

@RayRay, maybe you could do this as outlined in the post discussed previously:

1 Like

@Kal_Lam, I did see the post you referred me to. The difference is that In that post the options are the same for the questions, so what is selected earlier is automatically selected in the next and subsequent question. If I do the same, I would be autoselecting the wrong options.