Validation for Pull Data

Hi Everyone

Can any one Please guide that how we can mark validation in form that if the required data in not exist in uploaded file then the warning should appear to provide proper data

like we have household id to enter and basis that household id data is pulled from external file , but in case wrong id is mentioned then the data shows blank.

i want to restrict that is household is entered then it should check whether the same exist in file uploaded if not error should be displayed with message for entering correct household id.

Thank you

Cheers!

Neeraj

Maybe you could adopt one of the workarounds discussed previously:

Hi @Kal_Lam

Thanks for such a prompt reply

I think I need to be more clear in my requirements

Actually I want that the houshold I’d when entered , should be check in external CSV uploaded in media section

And if the I’d is not matched in that file then it should prompt for entering correct house hold I’d

The solution which referred by you perhaps deals with numeric entered only , it does not check the data in upload file which should be pulled on the basis of above household I’d entered

Hope I was able to clarify my part

Cheers !

Neeraj

If the pulldata function does not match anything with the identifier (in your data entry form) and that what is present in the csv file, it generates nothing. Hence, wouldn’t it be OK to set a constraint on the identifier itself?

but as i mentioned , the number constraint may not be set properly as the household id will be in thousands.

is there any other method to set the validation on or after the identifier ?

Yes, you will have to edit/manipulate the numbers in the constraints that matches and is available in your csv file. Say, you may have like 1 to 1000 cases in your csv so you will need to edit the same accordingly in your xlsform.

That may not be possible to deal with edit or manipulate the same ,otherwise if you can please guide

As you mentioned that

If the pull-data function does not match anything with the identifier (in your data entry form) and that what is present in the csv file, it generates nothing

can we put a condition in pull data in xls like if field generates blank then it should ask to fill correct id ( as blank will only generate in case the household id doesn’t match )

Please help

Hi @caneeraj
Ideally that should be a constraint where the filed being filled by the pull data cannot be a blank i.e. !=’’ and the error message is to go back and fill the correct ID.

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you Stephane, I found it to be the right solution in my case, which is similar to Neeraj’s.

1 Like