Volunteer to Update Google Sheet Scripts

Developers!

We’re looking for help updating our KoBoToolbox Google Sheets scripts now that it’s not functioning anymore since Google deprecating UiApp last month.

If anyone has some time to spare to convert the script to use HTML Service, the community would greatly appreciate your contribution!

Michael

2 Likes

Hi! Is there any update on this? I need to sync my Kobotoolbox responses to google sheets. Please let me know, thanks!

Hi @eeshatariq,

Welcome to the community! If you wish to sync your collected data via KoBoCollect android app or ODK Collect android app with google sheets try following the instructions outlined (that has been discussed earlier). But please be informed that this only works with ODK Collect android app (and not the KoBoCollect android app) at the moment:

Have a great day!

Hi Kal,

Thanks for your response. The data I need to collect this for is actually a survey that has to be shared with a lot of people through a link. From my limited understanding of the platform, ODK collect cannot be used for that. Am I right or is it possible? Like in Kobo i make a survey with the xlsforms and I have a link that can be filled by anyone (whether they have Kobo or not). I thought I cannot do the same with ODK collect.

Again, I am really new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @eeshatariq,

If you use the method as outlined in my previous post, you will not be able to share the link that you should normally do when collecting your data using Enketo. The method shared above only works with ODK Collect android app and not even with KoBoCollect android app.

Have a great day!

Okay yes I thought so. That’s why I wanted an updated google script for the kobotoolbox being connected with Google sheets. The current one is outdated ever since they deprecated UiApp and HtmlService is to be used instead. Do you know anything about that? Thanks, anyway!

1 Like

Any update on this? I am also looking to use the new Google Sheets script once it is updated to use HTML Service.

Hi everyone. I had this difficulty today, and after a few hours of searching on google I found the updated code. It was submitted to the kobo toolbox’s gitbhub, but it looks like it hasn’t been incorporated yet.

the link is: https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobocat-googleapps-scripts/tree/06bd6e5da8aa544fc9338713ef876e9518f8a02c/Working_Examples

1 Like