A way to have specific users view AND be able to EDIT their submissions?

I really appreciate KoboToolbox’s new ability to have users view their own submissions in sharing, but can there be a way for such users to also edit their submissions without having the ability to see and edit other users submissions?
Thanks all

We also in need of the same request. I hope from the devlopers to implement it soon.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to this improvement

3 Likes

Me too waiting to have this for our next survey cycle

1 Like

This is very much needed when working across multiple teams!!

1 Like

Very much needed functionality! In many cases, users might need to go back from the field to the office and update their submissions. They can do that on their mobiles (KoBo Collect) before sending, but would be much easier to edit via web browser. Moreover, if they submitted and still would like to update something (e.g. provie more precise geographical area) - ability to allow users to edit only their own submissions would be fantastic.

1 Like

If would be also great in some occasions if users could have access to edit submissions ( their own or an specific one…)and edit it.
Much like in View submissions…
Even a 2 general tickboxex with:
“user can edit its own submmissions”
“user can delete its own submmissions”

1 Like

@ryon_1, @aamra, @hussaisa, @fmi, @janekb, @iker.montes would like to update you that this feature request is now in a work in progress state. Maybe you could follow the same through this GitHub issue:

3 Likes

NICE…looking forward to the update!

1 Like

i need this feature too… :slight_smile:
hope there’s a setting to allow a user to edit his/her own submission only.

1 Like

Welcome back to the community, @viniamarciano! I have shifted your post here thinking it would be more relevant here. Maybe you could VOTE here if you wish to see this feature soon with KoBoToolbox.

3 Likes

Great! Thanks so much, @Kal_Lam :star_struck:

1 Like

hi @Kal_Lam , any update on this feature request? thank you!

1 Like

Hi @hm11,

This feature has been implemented in this release:

And the support article has been updated accordingly:
https://support.kobotoolbox.org/row_level_permissions.html

2 Likes

Thank you @hakan_cetinkaya !

2 Likes