AB test with 2 questions in my sample

Hello
Sorry if the question is already there, I was searching and couldn’t find any information.

I have a sample of 1,000 cases and within my questionnaire I have 2 questions (1A and 1B), I need one question to be applied to half of my sample (500 cases) and the other question to the other half (500), this randomly. The purpose is to do an A/B test.

Could someone help me if KOBOTOOLBOX already has a function or how to do it another way.

Thank you.

Here some workarounds:

• Filtering between the two questions with randomize() function used as relevant filter in the same form. Should finally provide similar case numbers.
  • Switching relevance filter for next form on each local device through reference to last_saved.
  • Using another random approach for the relevance filter, for ex. odd/even calculation based on once( now() ) timestamp on form start.
  • Using an adapted clone for separated 500 pre-selected persons of total sample.
  • Using/ticking a numerical case sequence list on paper with random marker per number to (manually) filter the relevant clause.

With the search function of this forum you can find similar discussions and examples, e.g. Search results for 'randomize questions' - KoboToolbox Community Forum.

2 Likes

@andyc96, maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue: