About the Usability & Feedback category

How should new KoBoToolbox features work? How can we improve existing ones? We need your feedback!

This category is dedicated to the public review --though in some cases, posts might be restricted to a specific group of users, depending on the needs and circumstances of the project-- of new features in the making and direct feedback from the KoBo Toolbox community.

Unlike the rest of the Forum categories, posts in this section will be posted by the design and development team, not the community (for suggestions, please visit our suggestion box). In these posts we will be sharing new designs, features, beta implementations and general ideas on how to improve the site or fix issues brought up in other categories of the forum.

Even though needs and guidelines might change slightly from post to post, you will be able to review, test, and comment on these ideas or features for a defined period of time, providing us with valuable feedback and actively participating in the development of KoBo Toolbox.

If you are interested in receiving alerts when new feedback opportunities are posted, or you want to take a more active role and learn how to participate in other user research and testing activities, consider joining our Usability Network Newsletter.

3 Likes

Hi, Admins and wonderful team members,
I would like to thanks all of you for creating this application. You helped a lot of people. It’s so useful and especially is free. It’s much better than Google Form.
I’d like your team could add a feature to allow users can configure form style. It will be much awesome to show their style.

Welcome to the community and thank you for your comment @habao213

We take good note of your suggestion, it would indeed be a something worth considering. For future improvement suggestions however, we encourage you to post them in the improvements category of the suggestion box, as this topic is geared towards the public review of new proposals.

We will be requesting user feedback on upcoming new features soon, so stay posted future opportunities to contribute. You can make sure you don’t miss any by subscribing to our Usability Network Newsletter.

Thanks a lot for your interest and contribution!

2 Likes

Good afternoon,

It is possible to separate the assignment of the editing permissions of the records that is only editing and the deletion permission is in another option, this in order to assign a user who can edit the record but cannot delete it.

Thank you very much.

permisos kobo

Hi @cispmed
Thank you. I can see you already made the suggestion for future development for this.

Regards,
Stephane

I personally feel there should be a dashboard mechanism implemented within Kobo, and also offline street map with capability of establishing coordinates without internet. An example is (MAPS.ME)

1 Like

Hi @lebubc
Welcome to the community forum. Could you please look at the suggestions for future improvements and include this within that category too.

Stephane

Fix loading error on the map.

On the map, selecting more than 3000 in the bar crashes since the waiting time for it to load the data from the server is very low. which generates errors.

Hello all,

The site feedback category link under the Guidelines Powered by You section leads to:

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Wanted you to know.
Best,

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to our attention @hakan_cetinkaya :heart: Could you also share the original link so that we could check it at our end?

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam,

The links are original ones i think but there you go, in this link under the Powered by You section, site feedback category.
https://community.kobotoolbox.org/guidelines

1 Like

Thank you @hakan_cetinkaya. Will look at it.

@hakan_cetinkaya, the broken link has been fixed. Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. :clap: :heart:

1 Like

Hello dear team,
It seems that record level permission (view, edit, validate, delete) canNOT directly be combined with all for rest. If you select one row level element, only row level is active for all other (3) low level elements.

We would e.g. like to allow edit only on restricted cases, but allow to view all cases for the same user(s). We would like that row level restriction for an element can be combined with general permissions for other elements. See screenshot below.

The current workaround could be to add long lists of all users for “row level” to allow their general access. Or to have more than one account for some users.

Kind regards