After submitting the forms a 'name' need to change

Hello, I deployed Form and enumerators submitted forms. Now, need to change a name in the ‘name’ column of ‘choices’ sheet. Any suggestions?

Hi @4vi,

Could you kindly show us a sample of the name that you wish to change so that we could provide you an appropriate response that solves your issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @4vi,

Could you kindly provide us some more details …

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi, @Kal_Lam, thanks for taking the time.
So, the lebel was in Bengali language, already collected the data. Now, I noticed in ‘choices’ sheet 19 cell B2 should replace B3 and vice-versa, here is the picture of ‘survey’ survey .
I was wandering if it’s possible changing the name and data set would refresh accordingly.
Appreciate, you taking the time.
Thanks

Hi @4vi,

If i understood you correctly do you mean you had a wrong label typed as shown in the image below …

And wish to make corrections by fixing it to …

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Almost. But, I want to change the name not label.
Anyway, already tried changing the label, doesn’t work. Downloaded in xls form, some cells are missing, hence downloaded in excel analyzer.
Have a great day.

Hi @4vi,

It’s possible. But you will need to do the following in order to make the changes effective:

• Edit your xlsform (which you have already done, i assume).
  • Replace the xlsform from your KoBoToolbox user account.
  • Redeploy your survey project

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Thanks for your time.
It works only when downloaded in xls form and includes fields from the previous version.
Mentioned earlier that some cells are missing, so I downloaded the analyzer and the whole column is empty. I guess, have to replace the name manually.
Anyway, thank you for your time and interest.
Have a great day.

1 Like

Hi,
As @Kal_Lam had mentioned, it is possible to change the name and even label.

You should note the following, changing the name even label, will not automatically change the previously collected data e.g. if originally the name was said Male and you changed it to Adult Male, for example, all data collected as Male will remain as such unless you manually change them when you download the data.

As you had noticed, you do not lose data, you get it by selecting include fields from previous versions.

On to the issue you raised, this was definitely an expected behavior because:

1. You collected data based on the original names that you had.
  2. You changed the form thus changing the original names.
  3. You then downloaded the excel-analyzer which maintains the data in the most recent form deployment structure. In this structure, the data collected in 1 will not be visible since it is a previous version structure.

I hope this clarifies why the column was blank.
Stephane

1 Like