Analysis with KoBo Excel Analyzer for the Repeat Group

Good evening dear all,
I am having difficulty analyzing my data with Kobo Excel Analyzer. Indeed, in my form, I insert a repeat group whose data is stored in an excel sheet that I have just exported (begin_repeat_CCE). Indeed, I would like to apply my analysis on this data, but that I cannot do with the tool. How can I get there?

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Kindly please follow the steps outlined to analyze the data from a repeat group using the Excel Analyzer:

• Download the dataset in the xls version. Keep a backup of the same.
  • Download the data in the Excel Analyzer format.
  • By default you should see something as shown in the image below:

Here, you should see only the dataset from the main survey i.e. the roster data (repeated group) is missing.
  • Now copy the data (sheet) that contains the repeat group from the xls version to the Excel Analyzer. It should then look something like this:
    Image 2
  • Once you have copied the roster data to the Excel Analyzer, change the name data tab that you wish to activate for the analysis by changing the name under the Data head from 2. Sheet Name: as shown in the image below:
  • Once you have made this change, you should be able to analyze all the variables that are within that repeat group.

Please note, you will not be able to analyze the variables from the main dataset or other roster during this period. To analyze the required variables, you will need to define the same data tab like you just define for the roster.

Sample Excel Analyzer with Roster Data

Excel Analyzer (Sample).xlsx (1.3 MB)

Have a great day!

2 Likes

No display of graphs based on data crossings of the repetition groups.

Hello Kal
Thank you for your promptness. Indeed, I followed your directions, but when I try to cross the data, the graphs do not appear. The form is certainly in French, but could you explain the anomaly to me and tell me what should I do? I send you to your private box, in view of the confidentiality of the data of the form in question.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @esy_cari2020,

It seems that you are still using my excel analyzer file. Would you try using the one that you get which you download from your user account for the project that you wish to analyze the data for.

Have a great day!

Well received, but that’s exactly what I did, I directly download the excel analyze file from my kobotoolbox account. Then I copied the sheet containing the repeated data in the excel analyze which I renamed under the name roster_data, but I do not see any graph. So I’m wondering if I’m on the right track. I have attached the file in the previous message

Hi @esy_cari2020,

You will need to download 2 data formats (from your user account> survey project):

1. Excel Analyzer format
  2. XLS format

Then follow the instructions as outlined above.

Have a great day!

Sorry, but it still doesn’t work! I believe it must be due to a problem with my data. I followed your instructions exactly but alas :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Would you follow my instructions step by step.

Step 1:

Please download the Excel Analyzer Data from your user account for the project that you wish to analyze and share with me.

Will then instruct you with Step 2.

Have a great day!

Ok I send you the form I just downloaded from my kobo account.

1 Like

Hi @esy_cari2020
I have been able to look at your Excel Analyzer format and was able to undertake the following steps:

1. On the sheet named configuration; I chose the language French and added the label French (fr) to your survey and choices sheet enabling me to select it as below
  2. You can notice from the preceding diagram that the data set is defined as unlceaned_data which is true. However on looking at the definition within your sheet, the definitions of variables/questions to include is correctly based on the survey and choices sheets. Unfortunately these variables/questions do not appear within the uncleaned data. I suggest you post the data which has the data with the variable names and this should solve your issue.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi @esy_cari2020,

So you have completed step 1. As advised by @stephanealoo, could you download and share with us the XLS data as Step 2.

Have a great day!

Hello. Thanks for the guidance. Also, I am sharing the survey data with you in XLS version as requested. Thank you …

Bonjour. Merci pour les conseils. De plus, je partage les données de l’enquête avec vous dans la version XLS comme demandé. Merci

1 Like

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Great! So, would you now copy the sheet begin_repeat_CCE from the recently shared xlsform to the Excel Analyzer Data file that you shared in Step 1 and share with us the updated Excel Analyzer Data which containts the sheet begin_repeat_CCE.

Have a great day!

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Great! Now go to the choices tab of the file you just shared and change the list_name with list name:

Have a great day!

Ok, I just changed the list_name to list name in the analyze file
Thank you

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Now load the Data in the configuration sheet and also load the language and then try analyzing the data. You should be able to analyze the data from the repeat group data. If you are not able to analyze, please feel free to share your updated Excel Analyzer Data file so that we could have a look at it.

Have a great day!

When do you say load the data? how exactly is it going? the same for the language? also, I have copied the name of the tab which contains the data in the config sheet, and change the language to put in French … But not always (data removed by admins)

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Would you mind providing me the following (through a private message) so that i could have a look at the same from my end:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Have a great day!

Hi @esy_cari2020,

So here is one more information that you should be cautious while downloading your data in the xls version. The setting should be as shown in the image below:

Now if you configure your Excel Analyzer as discussed previously you should be able to analyze your data from the roster as shown in the image below:

Reference Excel Analyzer:

[Formulaire d’Identification des membres du CCECOVID

For closer observation, please see the settings as configured in the attached file.

Have a great day!