API v1 Returns Objects with missig Properties

Dear Support Team,
I was able to implement the v1 API call to get the submitted data which returns a json array of a parent objects with embed list of children json objects accompanied with each parent node,

But unfortunately, some of the properties/fields of the objects are missing when using the v1 API call, though if we download the excel data directly from your website or using the V2 API export link, data is full,

We need the full json objects in order to integrate your services with our system in order to fully automate the process,
This is an example of the returned objects:
[
{
parent_property1:"",
parent_property2:"",
parent_property3:"",
parent_property4:"",
parent_property5:"",
parent_property6:"",
embed_children_array:[
{
child_property1:"",
child_property2:"",
child_property3:"",
child_property4:"",
child_property5:""
},
{
}
]
},
{
parent_property1:"",
parent_property2:"",
parent_property3:"",
parent_property4:"",
parent_property5:"",
parent_property6:"",
embed_children_array:[
{
},
{
}
]
}
]
The problem is that each parent and child has 100+ properties/fields but is just returning a summary or the data,

Please inform us of any possible solutions,

Hi @TDH_Leb
Did you ever get a workaround with this? Could you provide more details on where you are pulling your data to i.e. system/application so that it helps other users better chime in.

Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo,
Thanks for your reply,
I am using a simple get method using asp.net web forms where I pass the token as a header and supply the form ID in the v1 API URL https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/api/v1/data/ + form_id + ?format=json,
I am receiving the data but with missing fields (there exist 100+ properties), I checked the v1 API documentation but didn’t find any additional required parameters in order to receive the full data,
please not that I am doing parsing for the data received by code in order to fix the properties names retrieved, for instance and for a mysterious reason the retrieved json properties would look like this “A1792/parent_property; value” or “A1392/A1582/child_property: value”, while in the excel file that I can download directly from kobo dashboard or using the V2 API call excel link, the field names are correct and clear of the following additions (Axxx) or (Axxx/Axxx),
I managed to fix the properties’ names issue by rebuilding the json free of these extras,
But kindly I need to find a solution for the missing data,
Thank you again,

I received my Authorization token using a certain KOBO user’s credentials, is it possible that the used user doesn’t have full permission for API access ?

Hi @TDH_Leb
On this

Can you indicate on a private message the name of the user and the name of the project I can confirm. Alternatively you can ask them if they own the project fully.

Stephane

1 Like

Dear Mr. @stephanealoo,
Could you please point out a way to send a private message to your good self or an email that I could use to do so, I am new to this community and couldn’t find a way to achieve so via this platform,
Thanks,