Archiving your project fails

Dear all,

I have been using the Archiving option before to have data stored, but it will no longer accept submissions. I follow these steps exactly, but the command seems to be empty and no project gets archived. It happens for any project I try in different user accounts.

Can anyone support?

Hi Gerianne
I have tested this on the same server you are in and it works perfectly. Could you kindly confirm the same process on a different browser ensuring you have good connectivity. If you experience any challenges, kindly get some screenshots of the errors you are facing at different times.

Regards
Stephane

I have been having the same issue - I follow the steps in the online help document and confirm that I want to archive the project and then nothing happens. I have tried doing this in Chrome, Firefox and IE11 - all exactly the same. I have archived projects in the past without any difficulty. I am attaching a screenchot. After clicking on the blue archive button you just go back to the original screen, but nothing has been archived. Is there anything else I can try?

Hi @njturing,

Welcome to the community! The main objective of archiving a project is to block enumerators from pulling blank forms (so that they do not enter the wrong form accidentally) or block enumerators from submitting completed forms for those projects whose data collection has been assumed to be completed.

There are multiple ways of archiving a project. Please see the images below as reference:

Method 1:

Method 2:

Once you have archived the projects, you will see the changes as shown in the image below:

Thank you! I think @njturing and I have been following these steps exactly. What I have now discovered is that these steps do work for forms that I have recently (within the past few weeks) uploaded. But older forms, e.g. ones from projects last year, cannot be archived.

@stephanealoo, can this be an explanation of why it sometimes doesn’t work? Has there been a system update in between or something?

1 Like

Hi

We have had systems update but they were never intended to elicit the behaviour you have indicated. I will try out and see if this is particularly the case and raise the issue with our developers. In the meantime could you kindly indicate how far back you are not able to archive; that is if you kept record

Regards
Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo. Any update on this, currently experiencing the same issue with an older project from 2017.

Hi
Does the problem persist when you try redeploying the project first before archiving?

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

Hello,
This finally seems to work! So older projects need to be redeployed and then can be archived. Thank you for this solution. A few extra clicks, but helpful to know!
Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks @stephanealoo. Working well now! Cheers.

1 Like