Audio Question

When I try to use record question and this message appears
(No activity found to handle: Record sound)
and it refuse recording

Hi,
Do you mind looking at the following topic which had addressed your issue?

Stephane

1 Like

so the audio will be recorded automatically in the server or I need to use “choose sound option” after recording to capture the audio to server

Hi @Ahmed.Seliem
What method of data collection are you using? Kindly share screenshots of what you are referencing. Also as a side, have you read our article on adding media questions? This should ideally answer all your questions and more concisely.

Stephane

1 Like

I use kobo collect via android phone. I mean here if after stop recording. the file will be uploaded automatically to the server with submission of the form or I need to use extra step to use “choose sound option”

HI @Ahmed.Seliem
The file will be uploaded automatically when you submit the form. So yes, that will work automatically.

Stephane

1 Like

much appreciated :clap: :ok_hand:
one more question can I use this feature to run recording in the background while fulfilling the rest of the survey questions?

Hi @Ahmed,
Not really. The amount of information that can be recorded on the background is explained with the audit functionality. Also you should be aware of the data protection laws governing the data you are collecting; does your request address that?

Stephane

1 Like