Automatic geolocation tagging in backend

Hi Team,

I was trying to auto collect geo location of the device from where the survey is being conducted. I have used “start-geopoint” type in XLSForm builder but it is throwing below error.

Please help me!

Can you try with XLSForm? Download and change the form and upload it into Kobotoolbox.

1 Like

I have tried this using XLSForm only. The initial shared screenshot appeared when I upload XLSForm.

There is a discussion in this forum, which can be found with the (famous) search function of this forum, see
Search results for 'start-geopoint' - KoboToolbox Community Forum

And it’s a known problem for edit form (Formbuilder), see Add start-geopoint to formbuilder · Issue #2919 · kobotoolbox/kpi · GitHub.

Did you check your form with the online validator (always recommended)?

1 Like

@sharma_sumit, as advised by @wroos you should be able to use the start-geopoint in the XLSForm. You are getting this error message in the formbuilder as KoboToolbox has still not included the question in the formbuilder.

But please also note that we already have a GitHub issue for this. FYR:

1 Like

Hi Kal,

As you mentioned that there is no option in formbuilder to include geopoint so I have used XLSForm to create start-geopoint. Please find below screenshot for your reference. Please let me know if I am doing something in XLSForm.

Regards,
Sumit

@sharma_sumit, you can always create a survey project (with the XLSForm) with the start-geopoint and deploy them through the KoboToolbox. All you need to be cautious (when having a start-geopoint in the survey form is when editing the form through the formbuilder. You will see the error message you have shared with the community. To avoid getting this error message, you must download your survey project as XLSForm and then update them through the XLSForm and replace and redeploy (if you wish to make any edits). Doing so will bypass the error message (you have been seeing).

Hi Kal,

Thank you for your response. I did in the same way to avoid the error. But I cannot see any geolocation data captured. And in the Map field in data it shows below message.

Request you to please guide me where to see location data captured.

Regards,
Sumit