Avoid duplicate data

Hello! I would like to know how to validate a new response to avoid repeated (unique) DNI

That is, I do not want the same person to register twice with the DNI number.
Thank you!

¡Hola! quisiera saber como validar una nueva respuesta para evitar DNI (únicos) repetidos.

Es decir, no quiero que una misma persona se registre dos veces con el número de DNI.
Gracias!

Hi @jmdiezte,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind providing an example to support on what you intend to do so that we clearly understand your query and respond you with the best possible response.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam
Thank you very much for the reply:
I explain the problem: we have to make a list for the supply of food to the population.
We do not want a villager to enroll twice. The only factor not repeated is your identification number (DNI).
To do this, we ask:

• Name
  • Address
  • DNI
  • Food request
    Thus, it would be preferable that when a resident enters the same DNI in the field, the system warns that this data has already been entered.
    Thank you very much and I hope the argument is understood.

Juan Manuel

Gracias @Kal_Lam
Muchas gracias por la respuesta:
Es así. Tenemos que realizar un listado para el abastecimiento de comida a la población.
No deseamos que un poblador se inscriba dos veces. El único factor no repetido es su número de identificación (DNI).
Para ello, preguntamos:

• Nombre
  • Dirección
  • DNI
  • Petición de alimentos
    Así, es que sería preferible que cuando un poblador ingrese el mismo DNI en el campo, el sistema advierta que ese dato ya ha sido ingresado.
    Muchas gracias y espero se comprenda la argumentación.

Juan Manuel

Hi @jmdiezte,

Sorry to inform you that KoBoToolbox at the moment does not support this feature. However, you could make a new KoBoToolbox feature’s request here.

Have a great day!

1 Like

@jmdiezte, maybe you could use this approach discussed in our other post (that exploits the dynamic data attachment feature):