Blanks do not sync with android app

Hello all. I have a problem with sync blanks from server to android form! I see in one blanks in android device (old servers blanks) and another one in server (new blanks) regardless of any settings on mobile device. When i set up setting “exact matching server” i can not see even button “get blank form”. When i set up setting “manual” or “previously downloaded forms only” i see old server blanks (with new some new blanks from server), but i have already deleted old blanks from server. I even can fill the old blanks on mobile phone and send them on server…but because of previously deleting these old blanks from server i do not know where they’re being loaded. But with upload data from android to server it all ok! The problem only with sync blanks from server to android from and not with upload data from android to server (of cause if i see the same blank on android and server). Please fix it!

@Konstantin_nrc, could you let us know what your problem is? Is it with downloading the blank forms from the server to the app, or is it syncing the data from the app to the server?

yes it is problem with sync blanks from server to android app

@Konstantin_nrc, could you also share the screenshot of the Settings>Server so it’s easier to troubleshoot?

yes, please S21102-141606 — ImgBB

@Konstantin_nrc would appreciate it if you could attach a screenshot instead of sharing a link attached URL.

1 Like

@Konstantin_nrc, the configuration seems to be OK. Could you also let us know the Collect app version you are using? In addition, could you also share with us a screenshot of what you get when you press the Get Blank Form?

The version is v2022.2.3. When i set up “Blank form update mode” as a “Exactly match server” i have not seen any button like “get blank form”, sorry. I only can see the button “get blank form” when set up “Blank form update mode” like as “manual” or “previously downloaded forms only”, but blanks that i can see there already have deleted from server several days ago!

any solutions? may be some trouble with android application? Why i see in my phone blanks, that already have deleted from server and do not see any new forms from server?

@Konstantin_nrc, this is how the app behaves. When you have the option Exactly match server selected, all the blank forms will be automatically synced with the app.

are you joking? the blanks in the app does not sync with server when i select option `Exactly match server. Is it so hard to understand? please fix your so big bug

Once you have configured your app to Exactly match server, you can go to Fill Blank Form. There you should be able to see all the blank forms already in your app.

When have configured my app to Exactly match server i have not seen any button like “get blank form” in my app. They disappeared. Instead of this i ony can see FILL (not get) the forms, that already have been deleted from the server.

@Konstantin_nrc, that is exactly what I have been trying to confirm what happens when you change the settings to Exactly match server. After switching to Exactly match server, you will not be able to see the Get Blank Form as all the blank forms will automatically be synced with the app. If you go to the Fill Blank Form, you should be able to see all the blank forms there. You thus do not need to Get Blank Form manually with this approach. It is synced automatically. Hence, this is simply another way of configuring your app to get the blank forms to your app automatically.

I hope you are much clear by now.

I do not nothing understand ! We have server, and all blanks from the server MUST sync with android app when i apply setting “exactly match server”! Now it does not work. OK , i don’t see any data on server when i fill the form with settings “exactly match server” and them send it to server? Where they are uploaded? Or it is normal situation for you? You are just kidding. You are excatly understand what i mean and you are excatly understand the problem! And your don not work anything to fix this stupid big bug! Ok, if you do not mind i will ask you send me all the data for my projects by e-mail otherwise it just doesn’t work

@Konstantin_nrc, the Exactly match server will only automatically get the blank forms to your app. It will not submit the filled-up forms to the server from the app. You must submit the filled-up form to the server by clicking the Send Finalized Form.

Please also be informed that if you wish to download your filled-up forms (in Excel format), you must do it from the server. You will see a download option there.

PS. if this still does not help you, could you share a screenshot of what is within your Fill Blank Form?

Your missing understanding might be : This “match” only concerns the empty form(s), but no filled data/forms. It is not a synchronisation of data collected/entered.

In any case, please, keep to the friendly climate of this forum, see our Community Guidelines .

1 Like