Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but the bulk editing feature may cause some problems because:
- You can edit the result of a calculation question
- You can edit the photo upload question and change the photo filename without uploading it.
- You can change an answer which may have an impact on the skip logic of the form and require other changes had it been done in the usual way.
I feel that a careless or tired validator may very well make the above mistakes which can cause serious problems in the integrity of the collected data.
Thank you for listing these out @ks_1. Will also verify them at my end.
These are accurate and certainly present risks.
- Calculation questions will be removed from the bulk edit selection screen.
- I actually see this as less insidious than incorrectly bulk-updating a regular response. At least the missing media file will be obvious.
- Due to the complexity involved, we do not have any plans to apply skip logic, constraints, or validation to bulk edit operations, nor do we plan to re-evaluate calculations during bulk edits.
This is a truly powerful and dangerous feature that should, frankly, have a very small use case for things like a common misspelling of a location name.