Bulk Upload

Dear KoBo Support Team,

I would like to bulk upload data which was collected under one user account to a new user account. I have followed the instructions given here: https://support.kobotoolbox.org/en/articles/592375-manually-uploading-submissions

1. Previous User Account: Data - Downloads - Media Attachments ZIP - Click on link and save (WinRAR Zip Archive)
  2. New User Account: https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/your_username/bulk-submission-form - log in - and go back enter bulk-submission-form again to URL
  3. Upload ZIP file
  4. Error message: {“message”: “Submission complete. Out of 0 survey instances, 0 were imported, (0 were rejected as duplicates, missing forms, etc.)”, “errors”: “0 []”}

Both accounts use the same XLSForm. Can you please help.

Best regards,
Anna

Hi @anna,

Have you deployed the same survey form (to the new user account) that was deployed in the previous user account. If you miss this step it would not work.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, the survey form is deployed under the new user account.

I assume the issue is with the ZIP file. It does not consist of any data.

image.png

We have KoBo running on our server at the moment and this is where I would like to make the download. However, I am in the process of transferring all forms to kf.kobotoolbox.org.

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Anna

Hi @anna,

Sorry, it seems that you are trying to re-upload the wrong ZIP file. Would you once again have a closer look at the support article and see how to retrieve the ZIP files that are stuck at your browser while trying to sync your data with the KoBoToolbox server.

Have a great day!

Dear Kal,

Thank you for the quick reply. The issue is with the ZIP creation. I would like to download already submitted forms from the previous account and bulk upload them into the new account. Is there any feature for this? The support article is for forms that were not yet submitted to the server (due to offline work) and does not fully reflect our challenge.

Thanks and regards,
Anna

Hi @anna,

The feature you are requesting is not present in KoBoToolbox at the moment. However you could do the same using python code as discussed in the earlier post:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Kam,
Thank you for your response. We will look into this solution.
Best regards,
Anna

2 Likes