Calculate Question

I have included a calculated field in XLSForm so that it becomes visible to the surveyor after he/she has filled in previous questions. As this field references previous questions, it has been placed outside the Number of participants group as shown below

As you can see from the screenshot, it is however enclosed in a a larger group, Group_id, though even after removing the latter, the calculated field was still not visible

Can you provide a screenshot of the UI, please, and the column titles/names of your form image above?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. The column titles are shown below

while the UI is as follows:

Hi, @jaak, seems like you put the calculation in the constraint column.

1 Like

@hakan_cetinkaya, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

I indeed made an error of putting the calculation in the constraint column.
Unfortunately, after correcting this error by transferring the formula to a newly added calculation column, it still does not work.

Does the sequence of the columns (after the first 3 compulsory columns) matter? or should there be another reason?

The column must be named calculation, small letters. See XLSForm Docs.

I would also suggest to always check your form during development and before deployment with the Online validator

1 Like

Thanks once again, as now it works. I did not realize it depends on small details like capital letters in Column names.

A last question, I included the form name in the settings tab, yet it does not appear in the form

1 Like

You may have a look at the documentation, please: XLSForm Docs. And don’t forget: always small letters for column titles.

Here a current example with similar spelling errors Relevant columns - Support - ODK Forum

2 Likes

@wroos, @jaak, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

Many thanks for the excellent, high quality and rapid responses. As I am new to KoboTools, I am really surprised of the very good service. Also, the help received has been good to get off with the programme.
Thx