Can I transfer responses entered to incorrect form to correct form?

Dear all

We have 2 projects with the same contents. The forms are deployed to two different teams of enumerators. Due to a local issue an enumerator submitted responses to the incorrect form and uploaded them to the server. Can I filter the data entered incorrectly, download this data from the kobo dashboard then to upload these responses to the correct form?

Regards

Catherine

Hi @cp622
Technically the system is not designed to do so. We, however, have had discussions on how to do this using python as explained in the article below.

Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo
Thank you for your response,
I saw previous posts that referred to https://support.kobotoolbox.org/manual_upload.html however I am guessing this can only be done if the data is not yet submitted to the server.

I can easily delete the incorrect submissions from form1 using the function on the dashboard, However adding these responses to the form2 is my issue. It would be necessary to get the enumerator to re-enter the responses in the correct form then upload to the server again. But i was hoping to avoid this.

If you think the python code is the way to do this what would be the steps? it looks like its the xlsforms, however I was hoping to just upload responses to the correct form.

Best wishes

Catherine

Hi Catherine

Yes looks like the one which requires the least technical requirements

In this approach, you need to download your data in XLS first before you do it. This process is explained in various articles within the forum such as below. I suggest you go through them. Topics tagged python

1 Like

Dear @stephanaloo,
Thank you that last link seems to go through it in more detail. I will review it and if i cannot figure it out I may ask the enumerator to recomplete these submissions under the correct form title.
Thanks again
Catherine

1 Like

Hello,
there might also be an option with Briefcase. Maybe @Stephane can say more?
And the case data could also be entered (and submitted) on server level.

Dear @wroos
Thank you, I did see something on briefcase too but i think its necessary for the data to still be on the device rather than submitted to the server.
Thank you for the information though, i’ll look at it again i might have missed something
Best wishes
Catherine

Hello,
Briefcase is for server data too.

1 Like

Hi @wroos
I downloaded ODK briefcase, i added the account information and password can see our forms.
I am wondering if you could guide me on transferring data from one project on the account to another project on the account using briefcase?
Best wishes
Catherine

i received the following error that no submissions were downloaded. do you know what this means?