Can't export data with ODK Briefcase

Hi team,

I’m trying to export my decrypted data using ODK Briefcase. I was able to successfully export the submissions for all but one of the forms. For this form, in some versions of ODK Briefcase (1.15, 1.11.3, 1.17.4) the form submissions only load about 80%, but I do not receive any data and I don’t get any detailed error message. When I try exporting the submissions for this form in version 1.18 I get the following error message:
`Can’t export submission uuidc65b8bc5-a38e-4936-80e1-6cf43b3702d3 of form ID axHfUrsVZdmqt4Huhr3GBB. Cause: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,287]
Message: Attribute “xmlns” was already specified for element “n0:data”.

I’ve searched within the form and ‘xmlns’ does not appear anywhere within it.

Can you please advise how I can export this data? If it is an issue with the way the form is built, does that mean this data is permanently lost?

Maybe this discussion that has happened previously should help you solve your issue:

Firstly, just to let you know, version 1.15 no longer works for me. Secondly, that does not help with the error I receive when I try downloading the forms. Can you please advise as to what the error means and how I can address it to retrieve the data from my project?

Quick update on this: I cloned the form and this seemed to solve the issue. I didn’t make any other changes. Not sure why this happened so would be grateful for any insight from others in case this happens again in the future!

1 Like

Thank you for updating this with the entire community, @SWolfLumos!