Can't print Report on fullscreen

Hi. I realized today that printing kobo’s Report from fullscreen only prints the first page of the report. I just want to let you know…

@sociedadcivilcuba, could you kindly share with us a screenshot of the same so that we could understand your issue and help you troubleshoot?

Sure. Sorry.

1. In Kobotoolbox/Data/Report, click to print the report

2. As you can see, all pages are printed (in PDF format)

3. Then, if you want to go to FullScreen (because page becomes wider and so the printed frame) and print the Report…

4. Only the first page (or, I think, the page on scope) is printed ;(

1 Like

Thank you for providing this detailed description. This was very helpful to understand your issue. Could you kindly share with us the following (through a private message) so that we could have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Well, Kal_Lam, I tested it on many browsers; and, just in case, I just tested it on other username/projects with same results (although both projects are on the same server kc.humanitarianresponse.info). Do you tested this behaviour on some of your projects? I think this problem is due to the way the browser prints the part of the webpage containing the report, and not to something related to the project itself…

1 Like

OK, so you found out that with different browsers, you were able to see different results? Did I get that correctly? If yes, I would always request you to use modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. In addition also please do not forget to update your browser to the latest version. This should also solve a lot of issues.

On the contrary: I tested a couple of usernames/projects and various browsers, getting THE SAME RESULT: you can not print all the pages on a Report if they are printed from a fullscreen view. All the browsers (Brave, Safari, Chrome & Opera were up to date). Dont worry, Kal_Lam, I know this is not a major problem, because this is a brute report and still you can print all their pages in a more narrow (ugly but functional) column.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem on multiple browsers. Has anyone found a way to work around this problem by now? Many thanks.

@hannah_p, could you share with the community a screenshot of the same so that the community should be able to understand your issue pictorially?

I am having the same problem with printing the report using Toggle Full Screen. It only allows to print one page (where the current page is located). I tried it on firefox, chrome and edge all result in the same problem. Has there been any solution to this problem?

Welcome to the community, @gresssss! Would you mind sharing with us your project link through a private message so that we could have a closer look at our end to test it?

I am unable to send you a private message. here is the link

xxxxxxx

@gresssss, could you also share with me your username through a private message so that i could have a closer look at it too? Please refresh your page if you are unable to send me a private message.

@gresssss, I could view all 141 pages. FYI please be informed that I tested this out in Chrome.

yes, but that doesnt look like a full screen mode (Toggle Full screen). I can print fine on regular mode, but only one page available for toggle full screen mode. Notice the difference with the picture I posted before and yours.

1 Like

Thank you @gresssss! I now get your point. I could replicate your issue at my end. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Expecting the same in the upcoming days too.

Thanks, waiting for the fix from the team!

1 Like

Same problem. has this issue of printing full screen been resolved.

Welcome to the community, @khosag1! We will let you know when we fix this issue.

People say that this has something to do with the Page Style and recommend adding java script function but I have no clue on how to do it. So i did some research and ended up using a simple software that allows me to capture a scrollable content. it is a FastStone Capture. A trial version though. It is possible to capture a whole scrollable webpage and it scrolls automatically to the bottom of the page. It can save to PNG and PDF which is very useful for me. I hope it helps u guys who needs to print fullscreen page on kobo

1 Like