Capture current time within a form

HI All

I am looking to capture the exact current time of data that is captured within a form. i.e. I would like to record the flowrate of water flowing into an irrigation furrow as the advance front passes certain location along the furrow and I want to have the current time captured along at each of these points. The time capture question on the standard form builder requires the user to manually enter the current time and does not include seconds. Is anyone able to offer some advice?

Hi
You can do this using calculate. If you look within this article, you will find it explained in detail

Regards
Stephane

Thanks so much. I’ll go and check it out now

HI there
The now() function using the calculate tool is great but if I use the same function multiple times within the same form it returns all the same time for each repeated “now()” function. I am trying to capture flow rate readings at different times on the same form so ideally I’d want some kind of stopwatch lap function or something so that the user can push a button on the screen which automatically captures the time and then has a space in which to capture the flowrate. Do you happen to have any further advice on this? It would be greatly appreciated

Hi
You can lock this to be calculated when open as follows
once(decimal-date-time(now()))

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

I have the same problem. I used this formula: once(format-date-time(now(), ‘%H:%M:%S’))
and Stephanealoo’s formula but it did not work. Stephane help us.