Cascade formula not working

The table does deploy, it is until I add grupos=${tcsb2cs} in choice_filter column, select_one 5wc9hor row, that this message appears after –uploading, which does work, and– deploying:

Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400: b’{“detail”:“ODK Validate Errors:\n[Fatal Error] :2423:14: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.\n\n>> XML is invalid. See above for the errors.\norg.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 2423; columnNumber: 14; The content of eleents must consist of well-formed character data or markup.\n\nResult: Invalid”}’`

Is there something extra or missing?

Tested another table with a cascading select and it did upload, checked all column names and formula in comparison to this form that did work.

Hi @nkhklkstksch
Could you please share your XLS form for our review.

Regards,
Stephane

Hello @stephanealoo, I tried to upload the file but it doesn’t allow me to. What should I do?

This is a link to the file on my personal iCloud with the file to download:

Updated the file once.

Thank you for your reply.
Juan Lima

@nkhklkstksch, could you share with us the section of your xlsform that has an issue? Maybe in your case, the cascading select sections. Besides, have you validated your xlsform through this online validator? It should help you identify syntax errors that are present within your xlsform.

Hi @Kal_Lam, I was able to fix this by removing columns. I had used the ODK online validator but it would have been impossible to isolate the problem just by loading the form for validarion. I have some suggestions: I think the validator should check basic things like column structure and name construction first, which was the problem I had from a beginning but with the current algorithm it is simply impossible to detect such problems. Another suggestion would be to divide the validator into different verification algorithms: one would verify the structure; other proper naming and general spelling, any character related problems; and other would check the syntax of formulae. As of now, the validator is useful, but it would be more effective if it could check various things at the same time.

Do you know to whom could I send these suggestions to? Thanks for your help, it was a very very useful solution.

1 Like

@nkhklkstksch, I am coping here @Xiphware and @lognaturel to read your suggestion for the online validator.

How to know which columns to delete ? I have also same issue as yours. Thanks in advance

@rshrestha_winrock, could you provide more details so that the community could also help you out?