Cascade on XLS - How to have same options for different choices

Good morning!

I’m building a XLS Form with cascading options, but I can’t seem to find a solution for my case. On the choices sheet, I have the column for the choice_filter and I need options to show when different choices are selected, how can I do that?

I’m a new user, so I can’t upload a file, so I’ll try to put here what I mean:

I have a ‘local’ list_name and different options for that. And then I have types of activities for each ‘local’, but some activities are the same for some ‘locals’. How can I write on the ‘localfilter’ column so that it shows that activity for the different 'local’s? I tried, i.e.: ‘shelter and street’ as they have the same activities, but it didn’t work. Also, some activities are common to all ‘local’.

Could you help me with that?

Thanks!!

Go through this Adding Cascading Select Questions — KoBoToolbox documentation

And also this one as well; How to create a multi layer cascading select question? - #18 by PALASH9698

This might help you

1 Like

Thank you Dnes!

I still don’t think it is the answer - not even sure if what I want is possible, but explaining a bit better:

I have:
Local 1
Local 2
Local 3
Local 4

And
Activity 1
Activity 2
Activity 3

Activity 1 should appear if Local 1 OR Local 2 are selected;
Activity 2 should appear if Local 2 OR Local 3 OR Local 4 are selected;
and Activity 3 is common to ALL (Local 1 to 4).

How should I write it on the filter column, on the choices sheet?

Welcome to the community, @pmarques! Maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

Thank you @Dnes for helping out @pmarques with the cascading select documents. Appreciate your effort to make this community a learning and sharing platform. Expecting the same in the upcoming days as well!

1 Like