Challenge with Conditional Logic in Form Building

Hello community members,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m currently facing a perplexing issue while working on my website using KoboToolbox for form building, specifically related to conditional logic.

The problem arises when I try to implement conditional logic within my forms. I’ve followed the documentation provided by KoboToolbox, but it seems that the conditional statements are not working as expected. Despite my best efforts to set up logical conditions, the form behaves differently in some cases.

Here are the key points of the issue:

1. Description: The form includes several questions, and I want to show or hide certain questions based on the respondent’s previous answers. However, the conditional logic doesn’t seem to be triggering consistently.
  2. Testing: I’ve thoroughly tested the form with various scenarios, but there are instances where the conditional logic fails to hide or display the intended questions. I’ve double-checked the logic syntax, and it seems correct.
  3. Version: I am using the latest version of KoboToolbox for form building, and I’ve ensured that my browser is also up-to-date.
  4. Steps Taken: I have reviewed the community forums, documentation, and FAQs to troubleshoot the issue, but I haven’t found a solution yet.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or guidance from the community on how to address this conditional logic challenge. If anyone has encountered similar issues or has successfully implemented conditional logic in their forms, your expertise would be invaluable.

Welcome to the community, @joecill! Have you gone through this support article Adding Skip Logic? Maybe it should help you solve your issue.

Could you share the related part/extract of your XLSForm, please?
Did you check the form with the Online validator?

1 Like