Change response type from text to numbers to an added question

I have been trying to change the response type to an added question in the form builder but there doesn’t seem to be an option to do that. For example, if a question was initially intended to be responded to as an area, there isn’t seem to be an option to change it to number

Hi @mansurdawaki,

Welcome to the community! Kindly please be informed that KoBoToolbox at the moment does not allow user to change the question type once assigned in the KoBoToolbox Form Builder User Interface. You could change the question type to a desired one by following the instructions outlined below:

Option 1:

• Delete the question and then add another question in it’s place with a desired question type.

Option 2:

• Download your survey form in an xlsform format.
  • Make edits to the question type that you wish to change.
  • Upload the xlsform back to the Form Builder User Interface.

Maybe the support article Editing Forms in Excel using XLSForm should help you with editing your survey project.

Have a great day!

Thank you for the prompt response. I have been using option 1 because I have always wanted to avoid option 2. Only thought there could probably be some non-displayed option in the form builder interface. I guess I may have to improve my use of the XLS, lack of which has been the driving motivation of my choice of Kobo.

1 Like