Choice filtering based on assigned ID

Good day all.
I want to build a form for about 3,000 farmers. Each farmer has a unique code from previous information gathered from them. Information such as state, local government area, city, gender, contact address, phone number have been documented for each of them.
I want to cascade these information on form building. However, I need to run through the already stored details of each farmer and also need to update other information.

How do I filter a farmer through the unique ID? I mean, if I type in a unique ID for a particular farmer, only other details of that farmer will come out in subsequent questions such as state, local government area, contact address, etc.

Welcome to the community @johnsonariyo! You could do it through the pulldata function as outlined in the support article Pull Data Functionality in KoBoToolbox

Thanks for your timely response.

However, I need more information about this. I have gone through the link but still not clear.
Do I need to upload a csv file in addition to the excel file?

Kind regards,

Johnson.

Yes, you will also need a CSV file to handle a pulldata function. Maybe you could use this simple workaround to understand how to design a survey project for a pulldata function:

Thanks.

I got it right.

| Kal_Lam Core Team
June 24 |

• | - |

Yes, you will also need a CSV file to handle a pulldata function. Maybe you could use this simple workaround to understand how to design a survey project for a pulldata function:

1 Like